Poor performance on the ground

Please tag your post with #pc and/or #xbox.
PC

`Are you on Steam or Microsoft Store version?
Steam

Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting.
No

`Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
No

Brief description of the issue:
I have very poor performance on the ground, the game performs as a slide show no matter what graphic settings I choose, but as soon my wheels left the ground performance is great, even with all settings at Ultra, I have always had good performance since the game was released last year, I first thought something went wrong during the update, so I uninstalled the whole game from the computer, ie, everything, and reinstalled everything, I then tried again, but it was the same, completely unplayable as long as I am on the ground.
Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)
I9 10900K 36meg 2080Ti

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:
Latest

Are you on the Steam or Microsoft Store version?
Steam

Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #?

I’m having terrible stuttering on the ground. It’s beyond stuttering it blurs the entire screen and freezes for a second. No CTD’s from this yet. It happens on any graphics setting including low. I always have run on high end and had nothing like this before.
My specs are:
-Micro-Star International Co. Ltd. MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON AC motherboard
-Intel Core i9 @ 3.60GHz unlocked so it’s hitting like normal processor loads nothing crazy. ~4.3 ghz
-64 GB Ram
-4095MB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070
So I’m totally at a loss here. I’ve tried changing up the graphics settings, turning off motion blur or reducing it. No effect. I’ve tried the pre cache settings on low, med, high, and ultra, stll no effect. Something is terribly wrong lol.

4 Likes

Looks like your PC has a problem, what you typed came out as giant bold characters. Maybe you should fix that first.

17 Likes

Will the stuttering stop when you left the ground as for me? I have reinstalled the whole game, but it did not help, I am completely incomprehensible, I do not know what to do now, reinstall the whole computer?

1 Like

I have no idea why that text came out in that point size. It was bigger then I refreshed and it got a little smaller.

I didn’t get the plane off the ground because I couldn’t stop the stuttering. Don’t bother reinstalling. This is their problem. The thing was working before and I didn’t change anything on my comp. Graphics driver is updated etc. Hopefully more people sound off about this.

6 Likes

OK, I hope you report it to Zendesk.

3 Likes

Same problem, allways worked like a charm with 60fps, now when i go outside camera and panning camera with mouse i got 1-4fps :joy::joy::joy: stuttering is very bad on the ground, and bad in the air too. Allways before this update fps was silky smoot, unplayable now. Problems stays even a min gfx settings. What a shame

6 Likes

Same, Ridiculous.

1 Like

Same here.
Average fps on the ground without panning the camera: ~50 fps.
When i start panning the camera: 7-14 fps.

Regardless of that new graphic setting.

7 Likes

I have the same problem, extreme stutters on the ground. As soon as the wheels leave the ground everything is super smooth and stutter free. Community folder is empty, everything was updated and the only add-ons I have are the CRJ-700 and WT NXI. The sim is completely unflyable in this state.

4 Likes

A reinstall of Windows and the game solved the problem for me, but I had a power outage while updating the patch, so probably a system file in Windows became corrupt for me, so I’m not sure that a reinstall will help others with the same problem , and it’s a pain to do as well.

2 Likes

This exactly the same issue for me.

I have had no problems at all up until this latest update. On the ground my GPU grinds to a halt and get 2 or 3 fps then just after take-off it will be butter smooth and I get 60-70 fps without any problems until I try and land.

RTX 3080
3900X
32GB RAM
M.2 Drives

VR has also become unplayable because of tearing and very low fps. It was never like this before.

2 Likes

I have the same problem.

1 Like

I do not like that solution. Why reinstall windows?

3 Likes

It was time for me to do it anyway, my old Win was a mess, and it solved my problem.

Good for you.

I am still having the same issue with FPS drops when panning the camera around the aircraft.

The same problem for me !
Always working like a charm until this WU6 !!!

2 Likes

The same for me! Work well in the sky but horrible on the ground.
I’ve never had this problem before…
WU6 is just catastrophic for me: Not playable like this !

3 Likes

Just reinstalling MSFS because i got loop problem with WU6 update in Steamversion, maybe files be corrupt.