Poor performance on the ground

You can also try to use the system file checker tool: Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

2 Likes

Same problem here. Reinstalled once, made new rolling cache, cache folder etc. Checked Windows installation and so on. Interesting that my GPU went down to 5 - 10 % workload while these stutters happen. Everything was find before WU6.

2 Likes

Same things here: GPU fall down from 80% to 3% on the ground: What is that?

3 Likes

Same here tooā€¦Panning the cam around no matter inside or outside the aircraft has gone South for good.Here we go again,over and over again.Letā€™s only hope their answer/solution will not be the one proposed in this thread ā€œre-install Windowsā€ā€¦Unless some people think MSFS is the one and only application installed in our machines.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve reported this isse to Zendesk!
Please, do the sameā€¦

3 Likes

I have reported it as well. Wondering if deleting the WU6 content in the Content Manager would help the stutters on the runway?

All same issues as mentioned
I change setting to low end before taxi and change once off the ground. Change back to low end on short final. I have tried everything but fresh windows install.
MS store
i9-9900k
RTX 3080
Empty Community folder
No Developer mode

2 Likes

Exactly the same problem as described. It was running butter smooth before update 6.

I see a lot of 3080 users who have the same problem.

2 Likes

Please take the time to report this issue to Zendesk.

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

2 Likes

Someone on another forum mentioned that it is caused from having Photogrammetry on while on the ground. I havenā€™t been able to confirm this though.

2 Likes

That worked.

I guess I wonā€™t be flying with Photogrammetry on until they fix it.

Many thanks.

2 Likes

Thanks for reporting this issue - I have the same since WU6 - Iā€™ll try to report it as well.

1 Like

I have almost the same issue, stutter and FPS drop when looking at the buildings/gate when Iā€™m near them. Even if I do a 360 taxing in asobo320neo near the gate, every time I look at the gate I get stutter.
Issue is reported

5 Likes

Tested, all is smooth again without PG.

4 Likes

Same here. Turned photogrammetry off and voila, runs very well. This was after a complete reinstall of the game which did not resolve the issue. So it seems Asobo needs to fix this.

4 Likes

Same here as well. I had the issue until I turned off photogrammetry and voila the issue disappeared. Should we report it to the developers or submit a ticket for support on this problem or has it already been known to Microsoft? :thinking:

2 Likes

Just to make sure. You all experienced stutters only in photogrammetry areas or everywhere? I experience it everywhere, turning off PG worked even if the stutters were outside the PG areas? I will test that later today

I only had 1-5 fps on the ground while moving or panning the camera anytime on the ground.
Performance was good in the air.
Turning off photogrammetry was and instant work around.

2 Likes

Terrible ground stutters after WU6. This is the first time since MSFS release that I have had this issue.
I have tried everything except turning off photogrammetry. I have a feeling that is the culprit. Oh well, I will wait for the powers to be to hopefully release a hotfix.

It happens everywhere even if I fly over the desert or jungle.It doesnā€™t have to be a PG area in the vicinity of my aircraft.What I noticed though was the circle on bottom right of screen keep turning almost on 95-100% of the time which means something bothers the incoming data from downloading,itā€™s like thereā€™s a constant streaming of data every time I move around or panning the cam around.