Considering the Intel Arc’s A700-series GPU's in the $300-$400 range?

Yes they will and i hope they do, but the point was you don’t want to be the person who has a dud card because you bought first iteration.

Yes, I wanted to express that I believe they will survive even if no one gets their 1st generation cards.

1 Like

I suspect they will sell thousands of their first generation card, however, maybe not so many to the MSFS simmer. At $300-$400, there may be lots of customers that just want to check it out because they feel they have been preyed upon by some of the long time GPU manufacturer’s.

1 Like

I’m saying the drivers for Intel ARC cards are still ‘raw’, in beta. Obviously Intel devs won’t say this publicly and I’m sure they must have made a massive effort to fix the most serious bugs in time for release, but they still aren’t stable.

MSFS is already peculiar software that has been giving some people a headache with certain PC configurations. Wanting a smooth MSFS experience with a brand new card with unstable drivers is asking too much in my opinion.

Reviewers who have tested ARC running MSFS obviously haven’t tested it with 7+ hour flights and with addons to test stability. They have only tested raw performance. When we have a test like this, then we can discuss the stability of ARC cards. There’s no point in performance if they can’t handle a full flight.

Also, if something needs MS/Asobo to do to fix a bug or improve performance/stability on ARC cards, rest assured it won’t come in the near future.

I guess we will just have to wait and see how the new cards hold up. I remember doing several MSFS beta tests. We only tested , what you call, raw performance and that is with a clean community folder, no addons. Well, at least some of us did. That is how they ask us to test.

Maybe that is how the Intel ARC folks decided to test. In any case, we love our MSFS. It is sure better than anything else on the market. Happy Flying.

The recent increase of MSFS in the number of applications checked by many technical reviewers is a very good thing for the members of this forum.
They are basically reviewers of new hardware, so they go into benchmarking with the motivation to uncover differences.
We have a different perspective because we look at benchmarks with the motivation of making MSFS more comfortable.
Therefore, the only way we can benchmark in our own community folder for an extended period of time is for us to do it ourselves.

Having said that, I think it is very good in itself that Intel ARC has achieved good results, especially with DX12. I would like to see this performance range and category become more affordable.

2 Likes

I think the Arc has as strong case when you consider building a dedicated MSFS machine.

What’s the main consideration running MSFS? DX11 vs DX12. Naturally, you’d want to go with the newer API, since it runs smoother and vastly reduces lag and stuttering. However, MSFS in DX12 eats up VRAM for breakfast (at this point in time with SU10, mind), and quickly fills out 8 gigs of VRAM common on current video cards.

Isn’t this where a $350 video card, specialized for and highly performative in DX12 applications, that loves higher resolutions and upscaling, with 16 gigs of VRAM, should come into consideration? Price-performance-wise, if playing DX12 games is your main use case, the A770 should be a no-brainer.

4 Likes

Arc A770 performance on MSFS is not bad compared to RTX 3060

Arc 750 performance is even better compared to RTX 3050.

Considering that both were tested on DX11, where the Arc’s have a deficiency, there is good scope for improvement with DX12.

I think Arc’s main problem today is not poor performance in DX11 titles or lower, but its virtual dependence on ReBAR to work. Without ReBAR, games on Arc run like a slideshow and become practically unusable.

ReBAR is only compatible with Intel 10th gen or higher, with some AMD 3000 and all AMD 5000 CPU’s. So, if you don’t have it, you would have to upgrade the CPU and possibly the motherboard to run Arc GPU’s.

I think this will make a lot of people disregard Arc cards, even more than the other shortcomings.

My Gigabyte Z390 motherboard with an i9-9900K CPU has ReBAR.

Edit: 10-20-2022
Email from Newegg on my A770 backorder.
Order processed and billed. Estimated ship on 10-20-2022.
4 to 7 days shipping.

Wednesday, 10/12/2022, 10:36 AM, USA

Newegg USA is listing A770 and A750 Out of Stock.

Germany reporting all inventory sold out.

Edit: 10/12/2022, 4:22 PM.

After trying all day, I finally purchased the INTEL ARC A770 16 GB GPU
from Newegg.

Purchased as a backorder at suggested MSRP of $349.00 US with ETA if 7 days shipment.

If interested,
Stock availability site:

Newegg listing:

1 Like

Here in Brazil, I didn’t see any stores selling A770 or A750. The only Arc they are selling here is the A380.

Looking at this list of sites from INTEL, I don’t see Brazil listed.

Why did the Developer go Broke ?

Because he used up all his cache… hehe

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.