Constant Crashing (Xbox)

Platform: Xbox Series x
Xbox version
Never used developer mode

The main bug I have been experiencing since Xbox launch is constant crashing. 90% of these crashes happen within the first minute of loading into an airport. The crash happens almost 100% of the time when I load into an airport, go back to main menu to change aircraft settings or aircraft, then load in to the same airport a second time. The crashing is constant and happens in many places. LAX, JFK, DFW, International airport at Las Vegas, so many others.

Wireless controller
Build: 1.23.12.0
Gt: Fazda

I have this exact problem since SU8. Most of the time I can fly around somewhere no problem but if I go to the main menu to switch to a different airport it will get stuck on the loading screen. I just tested different aircraft at same airport and I had no problems.

I am having this problem in diferent phases of the game. Its constantly crashing I have no clue as to what exactly is it.

1 Like

Wow you got that far???

Mine don’t work either since last night on Italy World Update. See me video

I have the same problem since downloaded Italy World Update. Gone back to PD3v4.

The game won’t even load up on Xbox anymore. Crashes before getting to the the main menu.

This instability on Xbox over the last several weeks making the game unusable is a joke.

The game is completely broken on Xbox (series X for me). Latest thing is that the world map doesn’t even load airport Icons in, and then constant CTDs. It’s essentially unplayable.

Did you find a solution? Mine is crashing lots now. Never happened uptil a couple of days ago.

Like others i had the radom crashes often at flight launch.

I deleted the game from series x and did a fresh install - Installled offcial updates to games and world updates. Installed only the updated A321 pack. (did not install old livereis back as they are now included by Asobo for ones i use).

Since the reinstall I have not crashed once. I think all the updating over time caused issues and the reinstall seems to have fixed it.

It is September 21, 2022, and MSFS on my Xbox Series S just went through a large update. I’m thinking that was SU10.

After creating a flight, then loading into it, MSFS immediately crashed back to the Xbox home page.

Recreated and reloaded flight, seemed to work…was landing at arrival airport and…CRASH! Back to Xbox home page.

Game crashes almost 100% of the time when I load into the game at a gate or parking space for cold startup. Within 2-3 seconds screen goes black and goes back to Xbox home screen. I am playing on the Series X and have noticed this problem since the update. Frustrating!!!

1 Like

Haven’t had that problem. The only time it crashed on me was when i did a 5 hour flight once. Other than that, hasn’t crashed

I am getting the same thing and tired of MSFS ignoring it. They have rebot, delete and restart the system for corrupt cache. Yet it is the same problem over and over. I have a Xbox series S and X and they do the same thing on both. Come on and fix it for goodness sakes

crashing can be caused by poor add ons. DFW AIRPORT is a common. Itracked down 3 i use that cause it. A fresh install without them resolved it.

I have had exactly the same problem for quite some time.

I just bought an Xbox Series X, and the first game I installed was MSFS 2020 Standard from a CD.

Outcome: The game crashes during the loading process, and I can’t even access the MSFS game menu.

Action: I tried reinstalling the game from the CD, and I also purchased the game from the Xbox Store online (both the standard and deluxe editions).

Outcome: Unfortunately, both versions of the game still crash during the loading process, preventing me from accessing the MSFS game menu.

I even bought the Turtle Beach Yoke and Rutgers, but I still can’t play MSFS. It’s disheartening to see our hard-earned money go to waste like this.

This thread has been moved to Crashes (CTDs) because it is about Xbox crashes. Thank you !

Hi @BookedLeopard85,
Were you able to get MSFS installed and running ?