Constant CTD every flight now (ntdll.dll)

I did the same, thinking I better reset my RTX 2080 super but with PMDG and FBW CTD

I don’t want to keep banging on about this but it might be something in what I have experienced

I know bubbablitz has tried it with a C172 and he/she got a CTD but why am I not ……well not yet

Maybe if other folk give the Cessna a VFR flight

I normally only fly tubeliners IFR, but I just tried a stock GA aircraft
Like Arrogantobject said it’s probably a dead end but I’m able to fly the sim ……at the moment

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip! I get Windows Hardware errors concurrently with the FlightSimulator.exe Stopped working events. This is kinda unsettling - hopefully this is not an idication that my hardware is causing the CTDs…

Im interested in those who claim they are not getting these errors specific to this thread. So those who can navigate event viewer history and youve not had these dll errors ever how is your setup ? Or are you just doing 2 minute carrrier landings as Maverick? lol

LOL and thats the magic phrase at the moment ‘Not Yet’ there have been a couple other fixes where the for sure this fixes it author comes back and say ‘Never Mind’ LOL…

1 Like

Yeah true, I will be back on tomorrow saying, yep……never mind, back to square one :joy:

LOL there is nothing you can fix so dont waste valuable time you could be playing another game or sitting here in the forums fussing like the rest of us…Remember trying to fix things when there not broken on your end will come back to bite you in the rear… ;p

4 Likes

I made a flight (just finished) from EDDP to EDDL on Vatsim with the A32nx. Had a lot of CTD the days before. Now all went well. Vatsim with AIG modells, live weather, PG, etc. When I arrived at EDDL I looked arround with the drone camera. Maybe I had just luck or they fixed something…

Finished a flight that I crashed during on Saturday.

It allowed me to complete a flight - and we did the same today too, and used Rex Weather to feed in live weather throughout as well as a replacement to the lack of online services having switched it off.

There’s still a variety of other theories swirling around currently too but we just need to wait until we get a fix because for me, my issue with the plague of sudden CTDs lies with an issue with Online Services feeding into the sim

… And we all remember how badly broken Sim Update 5 was with the live weather issue I’m sure!

3 Likes

Pretty obvious folks are getting CTDs left and right… c’mon Asobo, acknowledge the issue and solve it!

2 Likes

They have acknowledged it quite a few times in here to be fair now, and I’m sure someone’s trying to work it out somewhere

1 Like

Since I first started seeing reports of this CTD, I’ve completed four separate test flights from takeoff to landing, each flight being over two hours in duration. So far, I have not experienced the crash myself. Here are the details of my setup and how my flights were configured:

12th Gen Intel i9 CPU
64 GB RAM
3080 Ti with latest 516.94 drivers
Windows 11 (OS Build 22000.795)
SU9 Live build

SE Asia server
Multiplayer ON
Live Weather ON for three flights, OFF for one
Photogrammetry ON
Bing Maps Data ON
All World Updates installed
DX11
1440p HDR10
All graphics options to Ultra, LOD to 400, Motion Blur OFF

In over eight hours of test flights with the above settings since Saturday, I have not had this crash once. I joked with our producer that this is the first time I’ve ever wanted my sim to crash (so I could help troubleshoot the issue) but it’s remained perfectly stable. :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Try changing to one of the Europe Servers. One of the suggestions today echoed by quite a few people on my stream said when they changed to a US server or Asia server the CTDs “went away” yet West and North Europe is CTD a plenty. Not sure if there’s anything in that though as I’ve not tried myself yet

4 Likes

Thanks I will do another long haul flight tonight.

Do you have any pagefile setup on your hard drives?

Most are getting CTD in Commercial aircraft. Have seen people say GA aircraft are doing fine. Also seen some people in GA aircraft also having the problem.

So change the servers to asia, im in the uk worth a shot I guess.

We have had people from all over the world who use the other servers say they are having them as well so that won’t change anything

1 Like

Your physical location?
for e.g USA CA? Europe UK …

I just keep the default Windows 11 settings:

1 Like