Constant CTD on Launch 18Aug2023

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

Yes. I’ve reinstalled the app on Steam and still persists.

Brief description of the issue:

I was on my way to play the sim when it just CTD on launch with a black screen with white borders multiple times. Even after reinstalling the launcher through Steam the problem is present. I tried to remove the launch argument -FastLaunch but it still crashes and doesn’t show the splash screens. I’ve also tried reverting Nvidia drivers back to 536.66 and still no luck.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

N/A, it continuously crashes.

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Clicking “Play” on Steam tries to launch the game but immediately borks itself.

Many issues may be due to an outdated graphics card. Please state your Graphics Card Driver Manufacturer (NVIDIA, Intel, AMD) and Version (Learn how to find your current graphics card driver version):

1st try, NVIDIA 536.99/ 2nd try, 536.40

PC specs and peripheral set up:

Ryzen 9 3900x 12-core
32GB G.Skill Trident 3600 4x8GB
GeForce RTX2070 Super 8GB
Asus ROG Crosshair 8 Hero

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

Fault bucket 1173334776698999232, type 4

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

Moved to Tech Talk which is more appropriate whilst others help you troubleshoot :+1:

Double check your community folder - reinstalling through Steam won’t necessarily have cleared it down, depending on your install settings

That’s one of the things I have not mentioned in my post. I did move my entire community folder out of the steam file directory before starting & reinstalling the game. I’ve had no luck so far on those two instances of launching the game.

1 Like

I have tried uninstalling Realtek Drivers plus stopping Nahimic on a fix on the forums, but it has not fixed my problem even though the cause of the crashes are by WwiseLibPCx64P.dll.

1 Like