Constant stuttering since Maverick release/ low performance

both solutions work. just different way of going about it. if you do it within each plane, you’re just doing it at a local asset level. but you’ll have to do it to multiple planes if you have other planes that are also affected by this. for example the DCDesign F14 that i also have. but if you do it at a global game fx level, will disable the fx for all.

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

same issue!

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

Running windown 11 pro
I9 7980xe 4.5ghz
128gm memory ddr4
Rtx 3090ti
stuttering with maverick after install… cant play anymore!
so slow fps!
I reinstall all files… deleted community folder! I cant play maverick anymore!
Too slow!

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Yes

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

Turned off HPET, Photogrammetry, Menu animation, Dev mode, antivirus, (can’t find the xml files to edit on my system), still stuttering.
I’ve tried the above, but no joy. I did/will not delete my community folders or uninstall-reinstall the Sim. For me this is unflyable.

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

you have to tell window to show hidden files and then navigate to the app data

for those of us bought it from the MS Store, here is the path for editing the VisualEffectLibrary.xml file.

User\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Official\OneStore\fs-base-effects\VisualEffectLibs\Asobo\Base

Haven’t played since february 2022 and now fired her up after 13 Gb update. Constant stuttering and fps drops. Last I played was smooth flying all the way, now with same settings it’s a nightmare to fly.

You rock dude, thank you! That fixed the issue. Maybe MS/Asobo will fix this in SU10? Thanks!!

1 Like

Do you have a Ryzen CPU?

If so… don’t mod the xml files for the effects.
They all work flawlessly with this:

You simply have to turn of High Precision Event Timer- HPET for short.

I tried those instructions to disable the HPET service - did not work for me. Still goes from about 70FPS down to about 15FPS in middle of canyon runs when I bank the aircraft left/right.

Well after having to reinstall the entire 120GB of extras for last two days, since MSFS refused to run with my previous 120GB of community files… I have been back testing the canyon run in Topgun package.

I can say that the drop in framerate happens EVERY time I turn sideways and pull back (so contrails appears) - no matter what settings I am on.

Right now I get about 50FPS and can see GPU Power (using NVidia advanced overlay alt+R) of about 200W on my 3070 … but as soon as I do a turn… I get consistent 15FPS and GPU Power drops to about 50-60W… so GPU is going back to semi-idling state.

As soon as I pull out of turn and go back to level… 50FPS and 200W GPU.

This is ridiculous state of game.

This is first time I have come back to this in months and only to try out Top Gun pack and this is the pathetic state of the game. Very bad.

After searching and searching for answers to the frame stutters, I can confirm this (disabling anti virus Webroot in my case) worked for me. Thank you for the fantastic but simple tip!

1 Like