[CONT] Official Discussion: Hotfix 1.18.15.0

Just as there was no mention that we “are in it for the long haul” when I bought fs98, fs2000, fs2002, x plane 10-11 etc, etc. I don’t remember them working great on release. Patience and time will tell.

2 Likes

Then this sim is not for you. If you have owned any previous MSFS, then you would know this is the normal cycle. Read the EULA. Good luck.

1 Like

This isn’t release. It’s the anniversary of release.

Mandatory downgrades a year after purchase was never the norm.

1 Like

Not really. SU5 was a downgrade for some high end users but an upgrade for the majority.

3 Likes

Because the consumers are the real Beta Testers…

I’m not a high end user. We all were downgraded to give a performance boost after the head of Asobo said the performance increases would come from “CPU optimizations”.

Well, a performance boost is an upgrade, not a downgrade. So I think the degradation in graphics quality with the increase in FPS is a wash.

It’s a tradeoff after being assured by the CEO that no tradeoff would take place. I’m glad to see they listened and plan to fix it.

I agree that “tradeoff” is a better label than “mandatory downgrades” for SU5. The graphics bugs will be fixed (main one being Ultra mode not being Ultra) so I think for me now the more important thing for them to focus on are the airplanes themselves (FM, avionics, and functionalities) which are very broken. Also for graphics don’t forget we are getting another overhaul with DX12 later this year.

I am eager to see what changes DX12 brings. I’m looking forward to the weather system overhaul as well. I see the next update has been delayed so they can make sure its ready. I’m glad they’re focusing on that instead of sticking with release dates. That’s one of my big complaints I can check off the list.

If I had the issues you have, I would try a clean re-install. At the moment you can’t play anyway, so what’s the worst thing that can happen? That you still can’t play? The next update seems to be moved until 7th Sep.

Wow I didn’t know that … then yes he should try to reinstall, same precautions naturally

Thank you this worked. Right clicking was enough.

1 Like

Thanks for the tips…will start working on it, and laying out the Red carpet for Update 6 :smile:

Yup! Since I am sitting idle till the next update, might as well get organized and mow the lawn. Don’t mind the delay for the next update…better late than never…and to release an update that has been tested!

I’ve just messaged you that date has changed, and with it my advice. Try reinstalling ASAP and it might actually be easier without the mayhem caused by everyone trying to download at the same time.

Got it! Will work on it :smiley:

To be fair, the CPU is now being much better utilised since SU5. All cores of my i7 are much more equally loaded. Previously, one of the CPU cores was doing most of the work. Moreover, when that core maxed-out, everything else slowed down and graphics stuttered because the GPU wasn’t getting the data quick enough.

1 Like

I’ve just tried the Nanwalek strong wind landing challenge and noticed that the water reflections are really buggy. It’s as if there was a delay or some other issue in the reflections. It’s hard to describe but it feels like flying drunk - quite weird. I’m not sure if it’s caused by SU5 or if this was changed before. The last time I’ve tried this challenge was maybe a half a year ago.

Does anyone else have a similar issue? I have ultra graphics settings btw.