[CONT] Official Discussion: Hotfix 1.18.15.0

Up until now, I have not had many CTD’s. Since the last update, I have had a CTD every time I set up a flight in world map. The CTD only happens when I start MSFS for the first time of the day. When I start it after the CTD I am able to complets a short flight with no CTD problem.

Although I have my graphics set to ultra they are actually LOW END. After reading about this problem on this thread, as others have done I move the setting in the menu to low end , save and go back reset to ultra and save the actual graphic improve to almost an ultra level.

Since the last update the amount of pop ins around all cities increased by at least 500 %. Up to this point I loved to fly low and slow… NOT ANY MORE!!!

No. Screen tearing is 1. Not visible on screenshots, 2. In straight lines not blocks.

Well I certainly hope your training isn’t conducted anywhere near those types of clouds :confused: I don’t think those shots are indicative of all cloud types. Those do look like thick cumulonimbus clouds.

I gave up after SU5. After seeing some happy people I’ve reinstalled. Not surprisingly:

• AI doesn’t take over ATC regardless of setting on or off
  • Crashes a little over half the time
  • With live weather, ATC always tells me to increase my decrease my descent.

Any ideas? (Why can’t this thing just work.)

1 Like
2 Likes

I’ve been trying to fly on vatsim but can’t because in all the aircraft I’ve tested (JF Turbo Arrow, Default C208) the radios don’t stay as you set them. If I put 128.5 into COM1, it resets to something else immediately. Same happens with the transponder, you set a squawk code and it resets to something else. So flying online is currently impossible unless the frequency you need is the one it randomly sets itself to.

When on the ground in the arrow I was able to get the radios to stay as I set them, but once in the air, they reset. In the C208, I can’t even set them correctly while on the ground.

I really hope WU6 has a TON of sim fixes included. This really is a shell of its former self still. Better overall since HF2 but still not at an acceptable level. Shame the xbox release set this sim so far back.

No more MSF/Asobo Developer Q&A since June 30,2021
Interesting

5 Likes

There are so many things to fix that they no longer know where to give their heads.

it should not be easy for them …

This article is just addressing LAST week’s update. Not necessarily anything new.

This is a simple fix. You have AI managing radio communications – turn this OFF.

1 Like

I wrongly assumed that with so many fixes required, someone from top management would address their customers? Pushing it down the ladder to a junior person looks bad.

5 Likes

A small summary from me after several flights lasting from 1 to 6 hours. (FL200 - FL370):

• Known issue with ATC.
  • In some cases, at heights above FL200, parts of the detailed textures are replaced with blurry textures from small tiles.
  • No or poorly detailed cloud shadows.
  • Does the overall hue appear to be tints of green / yellow?
  • Still too overexposed white.
  • Looks like a memory leak. On flights lasting> 4 hours, a decrease in the number of frames is observed.
  • Problem with graphics settings and the need to switch Ulta to Low and back.
  • Physics and damage model … You can fly into a powerful storm, lower the landing gear, spoilers, flaps, turn off the engines, turn on the parking brake … and watch how your a320 or Boeing is likely to land safely if in the place where it reaches the land will be a relatively flat surface with no trees or buildings. ■■■?))
  • Generated buildings seem to me to be much simpler and less detailed.
  • Sometimes a sun ball appears through dense clouds.

There are also a bunch of smaller errors of interaction with the interface, aircraft controls, etc.
In fact, what is now still looks like an Early Access game. Unfortunately. Apparently, it will take several more years before it looks like what was intended. You can of course say that you need to wait for WU6 and the problems will be resolved, but I am 99% sure that they will not, and if they do, then only a small percentage of them. In fact, with the current state of Asobo, it would be necessary to allocate a team that will release 1 patch every week to fix minor problems … only in this case it will move faster. Such a number of problems cannot be solved with one patch every few months.

1 Like

Are you offline? It can happen without your knowledge

I mean, it’s almost impossible to crash an airplane in a game with “realism” settings. The plane itself can plan and land under almost any conditions))) Simply chop off the engines at high altitude, disengage the autopilot, lower the flaps and landing gear and leave the sidestick alone … and it will will land on its own if it hits the field, for example.

1 Like

I think this spreading the load over more cores is proving a little troublesome.

1 Like

Hi folks,

I did a short in KLAX. Videos are better than pictures and than text :-p… No props with LOD and so on … Graphics are ok. I am happy …

https://youtu.be/36FoxOsQSL0

Greets Klaus

Very nice and to support my theory may I ask is the sim installed on an NVme M.2?

I can ‘land’ with a Cessna on water. The wheels will enter the water and you’ll hear them touching the ground. If you go up again, they are spinning. There is no force applied when entering the water so you won’t crash.

1 Like

Article was written on the August 8th. After hot fix 2.

Did you switch to medium and back to ultra again?