Contiguous US Tour

I am starting to plan a tour of the contiguous United States. I will be using the Xcub or Bonanza depending on the leg. The backbone of the trip will be the state capitals.

Below is a high level flight plan. I will make detailed flight plans for each leg as I go. I plan on limiting my flight time for each leg to around 2 hours. Any recommendations on things to see or places to stop at along the way are appreciated.

The first leg will be from Augusta, Maine to Montpelier, Vermont.

3 Likes

Fascinating! I’ve done trans-continental flights (also in small airplanes like your plan above - but more in a strait line from coast to coast) in all of the simulators since FS98. And in every new sim, when you arrive at certain places which you recognise from the previous version, its kind of a nostalgic feeling. There are a few places (Rawlins, Wyoming, after a long flight along the interstate-highway, was one of those for me) that were really remote and didn’t have much going in any of the older versions, still they seemed to have something atmospheric to them - especially after trying to navigate along old street-maps and arriving after hours… I can’t begin to imagine how my cross-continent trip in the new sim will feel! So i wish you a wonderful trip! :sunglasses:

Would you mind sharing some of your flight plans for this trip on World Tour Flights? This sort of thing is great content and I think a lot of people would like being able to fly this path as well.