Control Assignment Issue

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

Yes

Brief description of the issue:

I have loaded the Black Square default BE58 Baron update. I decided to load a new controls profile under Controls Options. I currently use Logitech Pro Yoke with throttle quadrant, plus a second Logitech USB throttle quadant.This gives full independent control of throttle, propeller pitch and mixture for each engine - (or so it should).

I have successfully assigned the throttles and prop pitch 1 to the ‘direct’ yoke quadrant, and they work as desired. I then assigned the prop pitch 2 and the two mixture contrrols to the USB quadrant. Each control works as desired.

However, now when I move the prop pitch lever for engine 1 on the yoke quadrant, both mixture controls on the usb quadrant move in unison.

I have checked and discovered that in the profile the yoke quadrant Joystick R-axis Y is assigned to ."Mixture Axis (-100 to 100%). This default assignment is simultaneously working with my new BE58 Baron profile. I have tried to remove this assignment within the profile, but, of course, cannot do so.

How can I rectify this situation? All other new assignments within my BE58 Baron profile have correctly replaced any profile settings.

Have just checked and same issue with default DC-3 aircraft. The default axis assignment still operates after new assignment made.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Just follow instructions to assign controls

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Intel i9900K @ 3.60 GHz, nVidia RTX 2080i (11 GB RAM onboard),
32 GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 1TB SSD, 500 GB SSD, ASUSTek Z390-Plus Mobo
(LGA1151); Running P3Dv5.3, MSFS2020 and XPlane11;

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Hi there,
This is a third-party aircraft. Bug Reports is only for first-party products made by Microsoft or Asobo.

The Black Square aircraft is considered an addon.

You can always use the green Community Support subcategories to ask for help. Bug Reports is only for reporting first-party bugs that you are sure are bugs. So I have moved your post to Tech Support.

I have also moved some of the text on the bottom of your bug report. Everything under the :loudspeaker: is a template for people to respond to you.

Actually it IS a problem with the default BE58 Baron which also carries through to the Black Square upgrade. The problem also occurs with the default DC-3 included with MSFS. The same default profile assignment (Mixture axis) for the Logitech Yoke Y axis lever continues to operate simultaneously with any new profile assignment to that axis.
I must repeat that this anomaly does not occur on any other platform.

SOLUTION!

Use the bundled FSUIPC7 which came with my copy of MSFS. Setting up a new profile with FSMS and re-assigning all flight controls removed the problem. Both default twin engine aircraft (BE58 Baron and the DC-3), and the Black Square Baron upgrade, now work correctly as intended, with no carry over of default assignments working simultaneously.

To me this indicates a problem within the MSFS software, as I proposed earlier.