Separate Engine Volume Controls - External and Cockpit

Can we have the ability to control the engine volume when in the cockpit separately when on external camera, please? Current it’s a single setting for all engine volume and all cameras. I like the engine volume when inside the cockpit but when external it’s too loud to be comfortable, though I do understand the engine would really sound louder when outside but sure that if I was as close to the aircraft as the external view normally is I’d wear ear defenders.

Well said. Also, don’t buy the Seminole until you have said ear defenders.

2 Likes

On most aircraft, sound insulation is quite good at muffling the sound of the engine. However, if you switch to a third-person view, a loud noise immediately hits you.

I think we should adjust the volume for the first-and third-person view. One way is to let the engine volume be set separately in the cockpit and for views outside.

3 Likes

Within the cockpit, you can already do this by changing the headphones setting to simulate Noise Cancelling Headsets.

I agree, the external view could use some turn down, but that’s sort of been the case since previous FS versions.

1 Like

I am completely satisfied with the noise inside the cab, but the transition from quiet noises and shaking to the roar of the engine should be more pleasant. I actively play War Thunder and there is no such problem.

This should be way more visible.
External view sound volume should be configurable independently so that who uses “headphone simulation” does not get destroyed ears when switching to an external view.

5 Likes

Hey, i´m a streamer and do group flights with my community. But everytime when i want to show the Airplane Outside every viewer get shocked from the noise. The insight and outside master volume should be adjustable. Please!

Greetings
Markus

3 Likes

I would also like the external view sounds to be turned down a couple dB’s. It is quiet uncomfortable. Upvoted!

3 Likes

Would be great if we could have a volume slider specifically for engine on External View.
I like to switch between internal and external view during flight, but I feel uncomfortable about the extremally loud engine sound on the external view.
Due this missing feature I don’t switch to external view as much as I would like to, and when I do that I have to turn my TV volume down.
I think it’s a simple feature that could be implemented easily on a future update.
Thank you.

3 Likes

Vote from me also

I think that two separate sliders are needed for the engine sound for the cockpit camera and for the external one. In many aircraft it is impossible to balance the sound, if it is good for the cockpit it is too loud for the outside view (FBW A320, Goose, etc.).

Options are almost always good. Voted for.

Yes! i vote for this option!

1 Like

Just saw this… definitely would be a welcome addition. Voted.

1 Like

Seems like yesterday cockpit engine sounds are muffled and exterior engine sounds got even more blaring

Very weird. Starting fooling around with sound settings and when I lowered master to 20 , where I had it before yesterday, my sounds returned to better levels. I can now hear my flaps in the cockpit, my engine is more audible in cockpit and much lower with exterior view, can hear my gear again in cockpit. Yesterday, out of the blue, sounds went haywire.

Is this on the recommended list for potential consideration / improvements. This continues to plague me during streams on twitch. Switching from internal to external views is always hit and miss with regards to volume of engines.

Flying off stream is ok as its only me, however when streaming my viewers constantly complain of volume going thunderously load (when switching to external views - whilst cockpit sounds are ok).

@captnabib:
It is not on the top 48 shown last month. The 48th item had 349 votes: