Copilot reading Checklists - bring back this feature

The new visual Copilot lost the ability to read the checklist or auto complete it. Also items dont get ticked automated when true. This was a real immersive feature in 2020, which, I think, many users never discovered.

In 2020 the copilot could read the checklist, even while it was minimized. I would push the corresponding switch and the get a “checked” and the copilot would move to the next item. That brought some live/voice into the cockpit.

Now in 2024 I have to set each switch and then check each item on the list on my own. Once in the air, this is a lot of clicks to do!

I had high hopes the copilot would become smarter. Please bring this feature back <3

This is not a wishlist item! This feature was already there and only needs to be reactivated.

29 Likes

:handshake: Thank you, addressed the issue very well !!

2 Likes

Even that the removal was mentioned in the new SDK it was a great feature in MSFS 2020. But what I do not understand is that you can define in MSFS 2024 (according to the SDK) a copilot action but it is not explained how to make that feature working in the new checklist.

3 Likes

yep, bring back the assisted checklist please

3 Likes

Bring back Assisted Checklist. It’s such a good tool to get through some of the checklist myself and rely on the co-pilot for other bits. It’s a great compromise between doing everything myself or using CTRL+E. I like to use the Assisted Checklist when learning new aircraft as if there is an instructor with me. It is still a rewarding experience when I use the Assist, whereas CTRL+E isn’t.

4 Likes

There’s already a tool that can do this: Checklist Reader – Voice Controlled Checklist Tool

https://flightsim.to/file/96054/checklist-reader-voice-controlled-checklist-tool-beta-v1-0-0

It’s a standalone program that reads out your checklists and lets you progress through them using voice control. Basically, it brings back the “co-pilot reading the checklist” experience that many of us miss in MSFS.

Until Microsoft/Asobo decide to re-implement this natively in the sim, this is a good alternative to use.

I would also like to have Asobo bring back Assisted Checklist. It came in handy with aircraft like the A300.

1 Like

It would be great to bring back the voiced checklist feature from Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 into Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024.

Having the co-pilot read the checklist items aloud while the pilot performs the actions added a lot to immersion and made procedures more intuitive, especially for less experienced players. It also made flights feel more realistic and engaging.

This feature would be particularly valuable in Career Mode, where structured guidance and immersion are very important. A system where the co-pilot calls out each step and the player responds by completing it would significantly improve the overall experience.

I hope you consider reintroducing this functionality in a future update.

Have a closer look,

https://msfsaddons.com/2022/11/07/fly-with-a-virtual-co-pilot-that-will-audibly-call-out-your-checklists-in-msfs/

1 Like