Copying the mouse control/sensitivity doesn't solve my issue

I have the same issue so many others had where the mouse stops working using the free camera look around the copit. Again like many others, zoom works but nothing else. Coping the Default mouse profile and putting the sensitivity has NOT SOLVED my problem. What am I doing wrong that the common fix is not working with me? I even reinstalled thinking it would fix it but it retained all of my settings so it hasn’t helped.

This has been a problem since I purchased the game and I stopped using it for several months. I bought the largest bundle and I am getting sick of not being able to play the Sim!

Well a free camera look means you use the mouse to move the camera, so you can’t use it to click things while it’s active.

Have you tried pressing the middle mouse wheel button to get out of the freelook mode? Make sure your mouse profile is back to default. Not empty. Because you can’t get out of free look mode if your mouse doesn’t have the right toggle.

You also need to reset your camera settings both within the flight (this is probably not possible under freelook mode) and the general camera options.

You may need to be patient and do this calmly and slowly… (which is what your gamertag is suppose to mean) ahahaha…

I don’t remember ever giving a definition of my gamer name. I often do but this time I didn’t think I did. If I did, good eye, though even more impressive if you know what it means. No one has ever referenced it before. :smile:

With that said, I don’t think you can get much more patent than when it began back in July or August when I bought it and spent days troubleshooting the issue carefully trying everything I could to fix it. I bought it just after the USA update so whenever that was.

To clear things up though, it isn’t the free camera mode that I have ever been in, I may have not been as clear on that so I’m sorry for the confusion.

No, the camera mode I have always been in is the mode where you can scan around the inside of the cockpit by clicking and holding the right mouse button to look around, and when you release the right button, it returns to center position.

I have tried to use the free camera movement before and you are correct, it left me trapped in it because the middle button did nothing. In fact the middle button does nothing on the default profile nor the copied profiles I have tried to make. Neither the right toggle or the middle toggle work on the default or a copied profile.

Up until tonight (before I even made this post) I had never made a new profile. The newly created profile, I learned right away it wasn’t going to help because as you mentioned, it had nothing assigned to it. I had instead followed the directions from various threads and videos on how to create new profiles by changing anything within a default profile to signal a new copy of the profile can be made. To the point, I always have used a copy of the default profile.

To give more debugging details, my profiles (including the default) the sensitivity was already at 100% even from the copy but I also tried resetting the copied profile which brought it down to 10% which I think is an odd behavior for a function that resets the entire copied profile back to an original state. Even weirder is after bringing the slider back to 100% after the reset and saving it, when I would go back into the game scenario the slider always returns to the 10% reset state after the reset. I can’t make the sensitivity changes stick under that condition.

The only way I can get it to save in this state is to customize the sensitivity to a random percentage (I chose 50%), then it saves correctly. After that I can go back into the cockpit with a custom lower tolerance then. Afterward, I can go back into the controller profile and raise it back to 100% and save it again. After returning to the cockpit, it’s back to 100% but still I can not move as I once could.

The one thing I have not tried which you suggested was saving these settings in both the localised flight and also altering and saving these settings in the main interface. I will try that now. To be fair though, everything I’ve read explaining the solution never gave these details. that was something.

I do a lot of research before I ever ask a question because I am a dev in a different industry so I like to problem solve everything I think of before bothering forums for help.

I will try that for sure, and hopefully that will work. I will report back though.

Thanks for the response, though.

-P

I already had this problem back in September about 2 weeks after the installation. And until today it still exists! I’ll try it out tonight!

1 Like

So I just tried to fix both controller profiles and now I remember why that has never worked. The controller profile within the sim (not the from the main menu gives me no options at all to make changes. I’ll try and attach the screenshot but I can’t change the profile at all. It just says PC Game Controller with a question mark. I have a joystick that wasn’t recognised that has it’s own issues too, and when in the game, this is all I get. I can’t change anything.

I even went ahead and deleted my controller profile which means I lost all of what I did to make it. My thinking was, well maybe with only one option being the mouse it would default back to the only working solution. Still this is what I get. So now I have to redo my controller because that’s fun, and I can not anything at all within the sim itself to change or edit controller profiles at all.

Something is not functioning correctly because even those who have had the solution fix, still have it happen over and over again at random.

Maybe I am not setting something right but this still remains a bug that isn’t solved and I can’t set my stuff up to work correctly.

If there is a way to change settings within the flight mode itself, please let me know because I have no profile now aside from the keyboard and the mouse profiles. Default mouse, and a copy of it.

EDIT I unplugged my controller too, and still can’t make controller changes inside the flight.

Many people have wondered what that basic controls menu selection is for because it doesn’t do anything. If you want to make control changes within a flight, press ESC to get to the options menu and then select ‘controls’, make any changes, select ‘apply and save’, then ‘go back’ to return to the options screen, then ‘resume’ to return to your flight.

That has been what I have been doing, but if you read the first response I was told to update these controls in two spots. I tried that and even deleted my control profile thinking maybe it would give me in game control but now I’m being told that the previous advise wasn’t correct at all. I’m not trying to be rude but that actually ■■■■■■ me off. Where are there two ares to change it because I have followed every direction to the letter and still have NO mouse control and now I have no control at all unless I am external.

Again I am not trying to be rude on these forums but if random people are giving advise that they do not actually know is a part of the solution than please don’t make things worse than they already are. I have to redo everything now and still haven’t solved this issue.

Hi.
Here is my mouse profile. Under Options, Controls, Mouse.
These are all of the assigned ones.

Make sure you have only one “Profile”.

Maybe this will help you

1 Like

Hey, Thank you very much. This very helpful. Even if it doesn’t help in finding a solution, I very much appreciate the and effort to give me a look at your settings. It will help others too. I will give this a try and report back a bit later. Hopefully this will solve my issue.

Again, thanks for taking the time to help me.

P

Try it by unplugging all your controls first. And test it with the default profile of keyboard and mouse. Which means you have to delete all your current profiles that are setup to both keyboard and mouse.

I tried that last night. I deleted all of the files and unplugged everything but my mouse. I’ll try to set up from the pictures but then after that I will try pulling the mouse from the usb and back in and repeating the process to see if it triggers a reset. Currently I do not have my joystick in so I will not go back to that set up again until after the mouse issue is resolved. Thanks.

Share a screenshot of your Camera general options.

I can do that. Just can’t yet but I will.

I just can’t see why your FreeLook mouse buttons do not work.

You are sure these are programmed in your Mouse Profile?

Mine moves in Freelook with:

• Click the center wheel lock it to Freelook. Slide the mouse and
    the look changes. Click it to leave Freelook.
  • Holding the right button down and slide the mouse. The Look changes.

Check your mouse assignments in Options Controls Mouse.

So here is a copy of my default mouse wheel profile. I have no other profile.

It looks exactly like your screen. I have not made a copy yet.

So I have the Logitech Wireless Mouse M325. It has 5 buttons (Left Click, Right Click, wheel, Wheel button, Wheel left, and Wheel right) The wheel tilts left or right and I don’t know for sure if it has a middle button. I downloaded their options software to see if I can figure out if this is a mapping issue.

However, I still haven’t resolved this issue.

So I have tried everything and I can’t get it to work inside the the cockpit.My mouse works fine. It does everything on the outside fine. I can even use the free pan and turn it on and off using my middle button. I can use the right click to the axis as well as the left. Inside the cockpit I can only zoom in and out. If I use the free cam I can’t use the middle button to get out of it. All of the buttons are recognised too when in the mapping page. I don’t know what it can be.

Can’t you just ‘not’ use the free cam then? Just keep it at fixed.

Yeah, I only do it as a test because it should work but when I am in the regular cam mode, I can’t use any of the buttons on the mouse other than zoom in/out and those keys are all recognised in the mouse profile mapping. They work on everything.