Correct liveries for the right Airports

We wouldn’t really need static is the sim code was written in a way that uses AI more realistically. In the real world a plane lands, passengers debark, the plane is serviced, its flight number changes, passengers board and off it goes again on another flight. Ideally AI would work like this too, not just have planes appearing out of nowhere.

@Kaiii3 has worked with Parking codes, they work with Offline Traffic. They didn’t before SU5, but SU5 added back the functionality.

I’m also almost certain they also work with Live traffic based on my own obversions.

But yes you’re right, static aircraft spawned by the ground aircraft slider do not follow parking codes. They did add a new aircraft.cfg line in Su6 to stop aircraft from being chosen as ground static.

Well I hope you are right because it would be great if it does work.

The problem is getting third party airport developers to add them. Maybe if there’s enough demand after AIG releases we could see more third parties adding them.

But the current in-sim SDK doesn’t support adding them, they need to be added externally.

It will probably need community input. This is where XP11s system is so good, you mod an airport and its uploaded to a place where it becomes the official version so they get better over time. We need that sort of system for MSFS.

Asobo is working on a scenery gateway system similar to X-Plane’s. They have an internal prototype, and last Q&A Jorg said they hired a new developer to work on it.

1 Like

Static means two things when it comes to MSFS. It could mean scenery placed items as you state, but with MSFS it also refers to randomly placed ground aircraft models. These are static aircraft in that they are mostly only used to fill gates and make a airport look busier, but they can also be converted to active. They are not part of the scenery. These aircraft are controlled by the Traffic/Ground Aircraft Density slider. These aircraft are placed but not currently assigned a flightplan. If a flightplan comes up then MSFS can convert a randomly placed static model into a active model to use for the flightplan. It also happens the reverse way when a plane lands and it’s flightplan ends after it parks (at least all this happened before recent Updates screwed AI up to not depart, etc.)

While you’re definition might be more technically acccurate (even though a better term would be scenery aircraft), that’s just not how the terms have been used with MSFS users. 90% of the time when you here the term “static aircraft” in MSFS, it is in reference to these aircraft that are controlled by the Ground Aircraft Density slider and not scenery placed aircraft. As such, when “static aircraft” are discussed outside of a scenery design discussion, you have to assume that it’s in reference to these ground density slider placed aircraft. But you already know all this.

1 Like

Yeah it’s just confusing to me since scenery developers literally called their aircrafts objects that they placed as “Static Aircraft”. While MSFS uses the label “Ground Aircraft” on the slider setting. I’m kind of assuming that people would be using the same terminology that either MSFS or Developers use, and calling them both to be different than what the original creator of either the sim or the scenery is what confuses me.

They’re not really my defintion. I’m just taking what they are called by the developers:

• Latin VFR called their mod as Airport Static Aircraft for Asobo airports – LVFR (latinvfr.com)
  • I have YPPH Perth International Airport by Axonos, and they released on their discord page a version with “No Static Aircraft”.
  • I also have Drzwiecki Design’s RJAA Tokyo Narita Airport, and they also released an “Enable/Disable Static Aircraft” version.

It’s these multiple exposure to the terminology given by their scenery designer is what led me to believe that the “Static Aircraft” is the correct term for placed aircraft scenery objects into the airport.

And since MSFS is already put a label called “Ground Aircraft” on the Traffic slider. Is what I also determine to be the correct the term for them as well. It’s confusing when people called it differently, especially when the term they use is already been coined by another group of people that is referring to a completely different thing.

Well, there are issues, but our Simple Traffic works fine on default and add-on airports. That is because we used over 30 million records of real-world ADS-B flight data matching airlines to airports. This is not done for the 560 biggest airports in the world but more are weekly added. If the airport is default or add-on does not matter as long as the developer adheres to the SDK. Of course, it also works on the other airports, just not as accurate and a bit more random.

If you want to see how it looks, feel free to make a request here: Simple Traffic preview - Page 4 - Product Previews - AEROSOFT COMMUNITY SERVICES and we gladly show it.

I was referring to Parking codes assigned to parking spots at airports. Not matching airlines to airports.

But thanks.

Oops, my bad.

We are working on that though.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.