Corsair iCue Software & HP Reverb G2

Don’t know if anyone else has had this but just posting here if it will help anyone else. I recently updated to corsair rgb fans and thus had to use the iCue software from corsair to control them.

Turns out if you startup your pc with the HP Reverb G2 already connected and powered up and the iCue software is set to start with windows start up one of two scenarios will occur.

1. The iCue software will fail to start (Most common)
  2. The iCue software will start but will crash the moment you startup MSFS with the mixed reality portal already running. This will make MSFS hang as well. The error shown is something to do with iCue not being able to write to memory.

Work around so far is to make sure the HP Reverb G2 is not powered before iCue starts up.

Ryzen 9 5900X
Radeon RX 6800 (SAM enabled)
64GB RAM @ 3600

Corsair iCue version: 3.37.140
Radeon Driver version: 21.2.3
Windows version: 20H2 (Build19042.867)

You need to disable the Lenovo plugin in iCue (or disable plugins altogether in preferences) to get around this problem.

1 Like

Disabled plugins in iCue and the issue is gone. Thanks

On an ICue note, some RGB software can be a bit of a resource hog. I had a corsair water cooler, and I currently have corsair RGB fans. The fans are hooked to a corsair lighting node.

FYI, if you’re using one of Corsair’s lighting controllers there is a options tab inside of ICue called “Hardware Lighting”.

“Hardware lighting allows you to configure a lighting effect for your device that plays when ICue software isn’t running”. It writes your config to the firmware and you never need to run Icue, which I don’t ever. I no longer have the corsair water cooler, but I could do the same with it. Same with my Corsair keyboard.

Screenshot of hardware lighting tab, Imgur: The magic of the Internet

“(Gamer’s Nexus) Bloatware Benchmark: RGB Software vs. Performance (iCUE, CAM, & More)”,

Ah cool just did that and disabled iCue and its two other background services.

Another solution that was provided to me by Corsair support, which I’ve used, is delete the Lenovo folders in the iCue plug-ins folder. Then you don’t have to disable plug-ins, if you’re not using Lenovo components.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.