Could someone please build knobs and buttons for VR

I use all of these modules in VR.
You just have to remember where they are.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

That’s pretty awesome.
The component I am looking for is that one below your keyboard I think. Is that your autopilot panel? Is that custom made? Or you bought it?

I made a really basic autopilot and radio box that sits under my monitor.
It uses the MobiFlight system on an Arduino.

It’s not the best looking, but it functions well and prevents a lot of mouse clicking.
I’m probably going to rebuild at some point this year with some extra knobs.

I guess you could make something similar with bigger buttons and no screens for VR

1 Like

You might want to check this little screw you can barely see hiding behind the 5th cable connected to the 3rd socket behind this 2nd throttle quadrant :joy:

Impressive hardware setup! What is this yoke?

:grin:, most of them are GoFlight modules the yoke is also Go flight.

I would like to remind people the best thing in VR would be something like MCE or multi Crew Experience where you have just to tell the copilot to do all the stuff for you.

http://www.multicrewxp.com/

1 Like

That is the GoFlight MCP Pro.

Don’t buy anything from them direct, I don’t think they are in business anymore.

I can’t find this one on their web site, do you know if it is discontinued?

Not sure, don’t place any order before contacting them. There is something fishy about their site. PS try used ones.

This is what I ended up building. I fly VR all the time so needed something easy to use whilst wearing my VR headset. Dual rotary encoder with push button and 2 more push buttons. I use the 2 push buttons to scroll through the functions and the encoder to control the function. you get a voice prompt to tell you which function is selected. It can control Heading, Altitude, V Speed, Baro Com1 & 2, Nav1 & 2 ,OBS 1 & 2, GPS panels 1 & 2(G430,G530 & G1000), ADF & ADF Card and Starter Switch for engine 1 & 2. Most of the code is done just struggling with the last few items. It runs on Air Manager and also uses Mobiflight FS2020 envent connector.

6 Likes

I’m not as savvy as you guys but I find all the Logitech-G panels work great for VR. Like others have said you use them enough to remember where everything is.

1 Like

I am using behringer x-touch mini for CR. Like it a lot

For what it’s worth, it doesn’t have to be expensive. If you are flying VR then it doesn’t need to be so pretty either.

“Reyann Zero Delay Arcade USB Encoder Pc” = $10
“Cylewet 12Pcs 1A 250V AC 2 Pins SPST Momentary Mini Push Button” = $6
“Hammond 1591ESBK ABS Project Box Black” - $7

That’s all you need, no soldering, no programming, comes with USB cable.

(I 3d printed a box lid to make it more ‘feel-able’, but you don’t have to)

1 Like

:+1: creative idea!

Thank you I feel alot less guilty now about my spending habits.:rofl::beers:

1 Like

Very nice; I wish I were that organized.:clap::clap::+1: I used to be…

This looks and sounds perfect. Could you share additional details on how you did this?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.