Could this be affecting MSFS2020?

Sure. I think the list of things that do NOT affect MSFS2020 is shorter than the list of things that could. Watch out for those pesky solar flares…

2 Likes

Chip shortages hit many tech firms hard … MS are less affected than many but they still have to resort to dry ice just to keep things running and they’ve even built a whole server base under the sea. If there’s one thing I know it’s that MS have never skimped on capacity however increased demand is still outstripping their efforts

and Brexit!

2 Likes

The trouble is that manufacturing plants need to be operating at not just pre-covid levels of productivity but beyond that to catch up. Shortages of just about every electronic component is causing issues across all electronic manufacturing sectors and of course the IT industry is also suffering as a result. We are all fed up with deliveries extending well into 2023 to be honest. They really must ramp up production ASAP but whilst the world keeps hiccupping with covid its easier said than done.

2 Likes

Yup and from what I’ve read the major chip producers are now all geared up for gpu’s when in fact the shortage is almost over.

1 Like

From an operational perspective, you can check the status of services for which MSFS are reliant upon using this post, and follow the links there in for XBox Gaming, and Playfab.

1 Like