Couldn't find Honeycomb Alpha Yoke button mapping/binding recommendations for MSFS so I sat down and made this, hope this helps others

Oh that’s easy. In MSFS you just press both buttons in the sequence you want when assigning buttons.

right, i know that is how you program a button…so you go to each of those things you want to ‘shift’ and push the white button on the bottom of the left side, ie number 1, then the apropriate other button, and it will be programmed then?

Exactly this

another question re honeycomb bravo setup for single engine ga [cessna 152] regarding mixture control. in the plane itself when the red button is pushed all the way forward against the dash it is 100% mixture, ie full rich. NOW FOR THE BRAVO THROTTLE do you want that 100% to be when the throttle lever is in the UP position, or do you want 100% to be in the pulled DOWN position. THe way i have it set up now it is full rich when it is pulled straight down. Is that correct, or should it be opposite? THanks

Ir should be the opposite, 100% in the up position.

BlockquoteI use the “big red” button for toggle AP

Just thought I should mention, mainly for RW pilots using the sim to reinforce training and/or to stay in practice between RW flights:

In the Garmin G1000-equipped Cessna 172 SP models I have flown, the AP Disconnect button on the yoke is a small red button on the very top of the left-hand arm of the yoke. If you look at the image of the yoke in the sim aircraft, you will see the red button is labeled
A/P DISC
TRIM INT
So for assigning functions to the Alpha Yoke: the closest button to that position on the Alpha Yoke is Button 2, if you aim to simulate the yoke button positioning as closely as possible to IRL.

Considering the importance of instinctively knowing, remembering, and practicing rapid AP disconnect when necessary during a flight and without having to be distracted finding the button on the instrument panel, I like to have that handy yoke button in the sim positioned as closely as possible to the button position IRL; so in MSFS the Alpha Yoke configuration setup customization for Cessna 172SP at least for me would need to program Button 2 on the Alpha Yoke as the “Autopilot Off” control in MSFS. (IRL that red button is to Disconnect the Autopilot, not to toggle it on/off.)

So do you re-configure your yoke to match as closely with every aircraft you fly? And if you do, how confusing is that when you jump into another cockpit? And if you don’t, then what’s the point?

Very helpful, thank you

Do you have a blank version of this? I would love to use it as my layout reminder until I have the muscle memory (I just got the yoke and throttle quadrant today)?

A blank version? Yes I do.

Here you go: Honeycomb Alpha Template - Album on Imgur

1 Like

I’ve been using the HC Alpha yoke for almost two years with the sim’s default assignments. Everything is already set up perfectly. The only change is to use button one for push-to-talk.

lol I could never. Especially with all the different plane types.

1 Like

Hello I’m in the same boat, could you show your yoke mounted game controller.

Thanks

-Bram

I am trying to set my Honeycomb Alpha as shown in the above diagram for Xbox Series X. When I try to program the buttons it detects the yoke axis and I can’t program the buttons. Anyway to disable the yoke to get the buttons programed?