Couldn't find Honeycomb Alpha Yoke button mapping/binding recommendations for MSFS so I sat down and made this, hope this helps others

EDIT: BTN 1+7 is mislabeled and should actually say Pushback.

11 Likes

Hi
Could I suggest the red (unused) button for Autopilot Disconnect?

2 Likes

I saw someone else say this elsewhere. What exactly is Autopilot Disconnect used for? Pressing the autopilot button off on the Bravo would do the same thing no?

@LazerBr34d, yes, it would, but doing it as suggested would make the disconnect just a small thumb move away, rather than reaching all the way to the button on the bravo. And that’s trebly helpful for VR users that can’t even see their controls. I have an autopilot disconnect/reconnect button on my joystick for that very reason.

And having one that easily accessible makes double sense considering he’s currently mapped to nothing.

1 Like

Yes this makes sense. I’m guessing a further reason is because it would be disconnect only meaning I couldn’t accidentally activate AP with it.

Personally, I’d go with both, but that’s me. Others may prefer your suggestion. The button on my joystick not only does AP on and off functions, it also engages the Yaw Damper (if there is one, I suppose).

1 Like

Either way, thanks for that suggestion!

Excellent use of the individual switches in the
Alpha Yoke

1 Like

yes true, but in real time, yokes have a disconnect button which makes it easier when flying short final approaches.

Thanks!! It’s working out well so far.

Totally makes sense, I’ve been doing non-stop manual approach and landing for practice and didn’t consider ap’ing all the way down or on close.

ideally the red button should be on the LHS (for a Capt) as right hand should be on the throttles, or v.v for a First Officer, but it still beats searching for the AP button on the Bravo, which is a little hard to select at crucial times in flight.

1 Like

I could not find Cockpit View Translate Up or Down in the list available for Cockpit Camera.

It is specifically called increase cockpit view height image|690x233

That is what I found and used

1 Like

Yea they should have just used translate up (shrugs)

the guide for setting up the yoke looks great. HOWEVER, for me, a newbie, i now have the Honeycomb throttle in addition to the honeycomb yoke, and as well have rudder pedals. Thus, for those who have all three, what modifications could you make for the yoke…for example no point to rudder controls on the yoke if have foot pedals.

finally, the note says there are three shift buttons avail… i only see btn1+11 and btn1+12, where is the third. i also dont see the one non shifted button. which is that…though if you got rid of the rudders you would have two.

so bottom line, how about a go-round of the diagram and button suggestions for those who have yoke, throttle, and rudder pedals…and since i am a newbie, GA single engine, non complex.

thanks

I don’t have rudder pedals but a yoke mounted game controller works fantastic for rudder control as well as braking and of course the complete array of camera modes. My Alpha is used to work all 10 possible ATC commands/responses. I use button 1 as the trigger and in combination with the 8 selective rocker switches on top, button 3 and the “big red” button I get all 10 possible calls. I toggle the ATC menu on/off using button 2 solo. It works great and I haven’t had to use the mouse to communicate with ATC at all. This basically leaves all of my rocker switches free to use as solo commands but I haven’t really had the need to assign them. I use the “big red” button for toggle AP but don’t have the Bravo AP button bound at all. I’m pretty happy with the setup I have now and probably won’t even bother with rudder pedals although the Charlie Pedals from Honeycomb once they are available will probably change my mind.

1 Like

That’s not a bad idea. Not sure what you meant about the shift buttons.

shift button is what is in your diagram…button 1. it must convert all the other buttons to other choices the way you have it in your diagram. HOW DO YOU PROGRAM button one to do that?

i like the idea of using non used buttons as saved views…but so you can help this newbie…do you mean like close up of instruments? the hat button gives me a bunch, left right forward, back, and the buttons in your diagram have some others ones. which views would you suggest saving…again ga non complex single engine.

this is very helpful, and i am appreciative