CPU GPU Not using and Low FPS

Hello everyone,

I have Mid-High PC, which is Ryzen 7 3700X CPU with 2070 Super Card, 16 GB 3000mhz RAM.
Currently I only got around 30-40 Fps in some Airports.

And I don’t see any bottleneck for this FPS. because My GPU usage is at 60% (Sometimes 50%) and same low CPU usage too.

So, why the game is not pushing my GPU, CPU for better frames. Any restrictions? Anyway to unlock this usage lock.!

Microsoft Flight Simulator Screenshot 2020.09.11 - 15.57.31.98 (2)|344x194

Thanks.

How do you measure your CPU usage?

I guess your percentage number is a average over all cores?

I’m pretty sure you’re 'limited by main thread". (activate developer options and check the FPS there).

This means the main thread (runs on a single core) is limiting.
Check if 1 Core is on 100%, don’t look at the average of the 'whole CPU".

2 Likes

Hi,

Thanks for the answer, it says Limited by main thread.

So how to fix this?

There’s no real fix. Options are:

1. Reducing the framerate of the cockpit displays, e.g.:
    Highonsnow Glass Cockpit 15-19 FPS boost on Airliners and 10-21 FPS on GA Aircraft

2. Turning down CPU-intensive settings – will probably not help a great deal though.

3. Getting a faster CPU (won’t give you great results though) – not really applicable for you.

4. Waiting for the next patch which is supposed to “markedly improve” this situation. We’ll have to see.

1 Like

Got it.

R7 3700X is pretty new. So getting new CPU is impossible.
I tweaked the settings.

Better wait optimization patch.
Thanks

Yep, that’s what I mean by not applicable :slight_smile:
I do recommend using the mod (or a similar one) in the meantime though. It can make a pretty big difference, especially in the airliners.

Edit: Those 19 fps in the TBM look weird though. I have a Ryzen 1700 and a GTX 1070 and I usually have 29-32 in the TBM (without any mods). You should have a 30%+ higher framerate than me without issue.

My PC is very similar to yours, only I have the older 2700X CPU.
I also have 32GB 3000Mhz RAM and an RTX 2070S.

I’m getting 35-40 fps across 3x 1080p monitors on average, so your fps should be much higher.

Out of interest, when in-game, what does task manager show the GPU utilization % as?

It doesn’t say limited by mainthread on your screenshot. Your mainthread is only taking 20ms so you should be able to reach 50fps in this shot.

Your screenshot is saying ‘limited by CoherentGTDraw’. This thread is responsible for drawing the UI i think. Very strange it shouldn’t happen. Try searching the forums for this there are some topics with people having the same issue.

It has to do with the DirectX draw call overhead. DX12 can help with this.

The game doesnt even use my GPU. It stays usualy at 0.1% however im getting 13% usage from desktop windows managers. And 14% from some service host

1 Like