Crash after ~20 min in flight

Hey all,

This morning, after around 20 min in flight after the departure of LPFR, rwy 28, msfs freezes. Reason unknown. I’ve tried it a second and third time, and both times it froze. Then I tried to find the fault bucket, but there is none in the event viewer. I could fly yesterday and Monday without problems. In between, I’ve only downloaded the Iberia world update.
If someone has some ideas, I would like to hear them.

Regards

1 Like

Graphics card and driver version?

Is HAGS on?

There seems to be a problem with the latest Nvidia drivers, I had 6 crashes like that in a day earlier this week.

Nvidia GeForce driver version 522.25
And I have a GEForce RTX 3060.
As far as I know, HAGS isn’t activated.

You should probably check if it is activated or not.

It was already on.

Well, there’s your problem.

Turn it off, or downgrade your Nvidia drivers.

Do you have more info on what the HAGS causes to this problem?

No, I just know that it causes crashes with the latest Nvidia drivers.

it actually also crashes with Hags off… latest Nvidia drivers, DX12, has to do with the VRAM overload and I’m on a 3080ti with 12GB of Vram, but it still manages to crush the memory. No problem in DX11 though

Yeah, but that’s a different problem. My MSFS occasionally crashed on DX11 before the Nvidia 522.xx drivers, but with the driver update (and HAGS on), it crashed on almost every flight after 20 to 30 minutes.

I too have started to experience freezing after about 20 mins into flight with pmdg 738. Recently installed latest nvidia drivers so could well be this is the problem. Will rollback later

Having the same issue with the PDMG 738

This problem is back with 551.76 and the one before 551.61.

Going back to 551.52. I will report if there is any difference with freezing after 20 minutes using DX12.

EDIT: I also have the freeze after 20 minutes with 551.52.
Installed 551.23. Runs stable so far for more than 60 minutes.

Can anybody confirm for march 2024?

I had a similar problem and following advice originating from MS disabled the Xbox Gamebar and it has been all good for the last week or so. Worth a try if nothing else has been able to fix it for you. I had tried different drivers first without any improvement. Currently running the latest driver and the settings are as per the NVIDA App which works well for me.

I had the same issue but for me (and I cant comment if its the same but worth a try), it tended to crash when I have hyperthreading and efficiency cores enabled. Dissabling one or the other and it worked fine.

I worked out in the end it wasn’t actually the core that was causing the crash, it was Asus Armour Crate which is a crap app, and a process on that would die randomly after about 30 mins and take out FS 2020 at the same time. Removing Armour Crate no issues what so ever regardless of cores.

My sim Keeps freezing about 30-40 mins into my flight and it seems to be every. time I click off of the sim tab. I have installed the latest Nivida drivers and I also have reinstalled the pmdg 737 and the Fenix A320 Do you guys have any ideas on what this could be?

Read the posts above. That will give you a few likely things to try.

Disabling gamebar not worked for me still ctd after between 30-60 mins later.

I didnt say anything about the gamebar. Reread my post.

sorry @zooze74 wrong quote. I was going to reply to @SpideryPlains3.