Crash to Desktop when starting a flight from SimWings EDDM Munich Airport

Hello.

I have always a CTD when starting a flight from EDDM SimWings Munich Airport. This happens since last sunday almost every time. Outside of EDDM sim is rock stable and other payware Airports function without any problems. Reinstalling Simwings EDDM did not help. Seems to happen only if launched directly as departure without specific Gate/Parking/Runway.

Did anyone also experienced this?

1 Like

I can confirm ongoing CTDs from EDDM but only if i start from a Gate

Me too, if landing on Runway 8 both i can land.
On RW 26 both it crashes 200 feet before the runway ( tested serveral times now )
From Landing on RW 8 i got to the gates and catering and Baggage cars work, but than if i go back to the Main screen MSFS crashes.

The mymaterials folder i got only one…

cheers :wink:

Hmm, ive flown quite a few times from EDDM and to EDDM and never had a single CTD. But i did not test it since the latest update, but definitely after WU4. Will check and come back.

For the time being, i would report such issues to the developers and not here in the forum.

Have the same problem. When I want to start at EDDM the game just crashes without error message… I have deleted EDDM and reinstalled. Unfortunately that did nothing.

At which Forum we should report this? Sim Wings or Aerosoft? I have no clue…

You can use both but i think Aerosoft would be a good idea…

Go into …\Community\simwings-eddm\MaterialLibs folder and change the name of the “mymaterials” folder to “EDDM_mymaterials ”. Then you need to open the layout.json file with notepad. Try to find “path”: “MaterialLibs/ mymaterials/Library.xml” line and change it as ““path”: “MaterialLibs/EDDM_mymaterials/Library.xml”.

It is the ‘mymaterials, mycompany, modellib …etc.’ names causing CTDs. You need to rename these folders (files) and make changes to layout.json file accordingly so that they do not conflict with each other.

There is also a simple application to update the layout.json files, which you can download from (GitHub - HughesMDflyer4/MSFSLayoutGenerator: A drag-and-drop application for updating layout.json files in Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) packages.). You can place the exe wherever, and drag-and-drop layout.json files onto it to update them.

Hi thanks , :grinning:

But i have no mymaterials folder in my simwings_EDDM folder but i have some other mymaterials in other scene folders…
Does this mean i have to rename all other of those scene mymaterials folders ?

I have the MSFS Layout Generator.

That’s correct. You need to change all mymaterials folder names to unique names. I generally rename them to > ICAO_mymaterials. Also recheck that mymaterials folder is under MaterialLibs folder.

CTDs encountered are also due to addons with duplicate modellib.bgl file names in community folder. This is the standard name when a new scenery is created, and if two addons with an identical file name (ModelLib, MyMaterials, MyCompany etc.) are loaded at the same time MSFS may crash . So you’ll have to change these file name(s). Tools like “MSFS Addons Linker” can do that automatically for you.

Thank you ! I will lock into that…

Heads up: GMMN from Prealsoft crashes because of this. I just had to manually edit about 20 of those entries and it fixed the problem. 3rd party authors need to get with the program and update their stuff.