Crash to desktop without error message

When the game released last August, I had zero issues. Sure, there were bugs but none of them werer “fatal” at all. I was playing non-stop from release day until around the Japan update when I started at a new workplace and lost interest in the sim. Returned to MSFS late January - after I lost interest in the “new” workplace and quit the job - only to be greeted by constand crashes. Almost 100% of the time, often in the menu, occasionally in mid-air. No on-screen error message, just a suddent pause and a second later the game crashes to the desktop. I reinstalled everything many times, same issue.

I then left this bugged POS alone for a couple of months again. However, as I wiped my PC clean last week (formatted drives, Win 10 full reinstall, whatnot…_ I decided to check out what’s the story. Well, the story is the same, I found. The same crashes are still present. Often they occur without me even touching the sim, just leaving it “standing” in the main menu. Other times it happens 5-10 minutes into a flight. Rarely does it last longer so I am not even motivated to test in any further.

No, it is not C++ libs. Not the overclocking. Nothing like that. All of this is a rubbish explanation. Everyhting was fine earlier with the same environment so it’s a nonsense to blame Azure, to blame overclocking, libraries etc. It is pretty obvious that there is an unknown issue rooted somewhere deep in the core of the sim that triggers these crashes on certain systems and I guess Asobo are well aware but they have no clue what exactly it is and how to solve it.

Support only provided pre-written, useless pieces of advices. For now, I bury this crappy software back where I dig it out of, until someone eventually posts some good new on these forums.

2 Likes