Crash to desktop without error message

I don’t have a single piece of software that crashes like this. I’ve seen SPAD fall over a few times, usually if I overload it by trying to load all LVARS, so is easily avoidable, but that’s it.

Funnily enough, spawned at Schiphol, and crashed before I even completed my taxi to the active.

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x60783c14
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x60783c14
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000016df8a
Faulting process ID: 0xb94
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7343c73c6eaf8
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.15.8.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.15.8.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Report ID: f614949c-b89c-4ee7-86c8-48c59b7c6b7b
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.15.8.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

Respawned, and this time I turned off all AI traffic, and MP traffic as well. I crashed even quicker this time.

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x60783c14
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x60783c14
Fault offset: 0x000000000016df8a
Faulting process ID: 0x457c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7343e33de4c79
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.15.8.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.15.8.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Report ID: b3c614f0-4d78-4646-9613-5ddb750d0976
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.15.8.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

At least this rules out the traffic as the cause. Tried LEMD instead, same thing. I guess I’m a bush pilot now.

I came back after lunch, and switched to the default C721 G1000, and was able to taxi around EHAM, and do a few touch, and go landings also.

I then switched back to the Arrow + GTN750, fully expecting what I was getting before yet got no crashes at all. Some consistency would be nice. :slight_smile:

I never had big problems with CTD, however some minutos ago I was flying from LTBA to ORBI and the sim crashed due to some error in CoherentUIGT.dll

@FilipAntunes what system specs do you have? I had the same CTD after updating to the latest Nvidia driver, I rolled back to the previous driver and haven’t experienced that CTD since.

Same here even CTD on flight from LFRS-EDDH approximately after one hour flight CTD, it is reproducalbe and happend everytime at the same location (somwhere by Emden Germany). That`s from the application log.

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: FlightSimulator.exe, Version: 0.0.0.0, Zeitstempel: 0x60783c14
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: ntdll.dll, Version: 10.0.19041.928, Zeitstempel: 0x9bed63d6
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005
Fehleroffset: 0x0000000000063416
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x2ef0
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d7343d424f32fa
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.15.8.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Berichtskennung: e16812ab-7a05-4ec1-ba0d-50e5143038c3
Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.15.8.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist: App

Windows and MSFS are on the newest version, even my drivers.

I’ve been having CTD problems for a while. It happens after around 3 hours, and it doesn’t matter if I’m I’m flying or sitting with the aircraft parked and powered down. It’s been a huge problem, since I keep most of my flights under 2 hours, and it’ll usually crash after I’ve finished but left the sim running. I always restart the sim between flights, because I know it’ll crash around 2 1/2 to 3 hours. I just completed a 3 1/2 flight, and it of course crashed as I was near the end because, well, it always crashes after running that long. It doesn’t matter what or where I’m flying. I wish there was an “auto save” feature that saves the absolute state of the aircraft every 5 min… including the flight plan that’s been manually entered. Auto save would save me a ton of frustration.

When the game released last August, I had zero issues. Sure, there were bugs but none of them werer “fatal” at all. I was playing non-stop from release day until around the Japan update when I started at a new workplace and lost interest in the sim. Returned to MSFS late January - after I lost interest in the “new” workplace and quit the job - only to be greeted by constand crashes. Almost 100% of the time, often in the menu, occasionally in mid-air. No on-screen error message, just a suddent pause and a second later the game crashes to the desktop. I reinstalled everything many times, same issue.

I then left this bugged POS alone for a couple of months again. However, as I wiped my PC clean last week (formatted drives, Win 10 full reinstall, whatnot…_ I decided to check out what’s the story. Well, the story is the same, I found. The same crashes are still present. Often they occur without me even touching the sim, just leaving it “standing” in the main menu. Other times it happens 5-10 minutes into a flight. Rarely does it last longer so I am not even motivated to test in any further.

No, it is not C++ libs. Not the overclocking. Nothing like that. All of this is a rubbish explanation. Everyhting was fine earlier with the same environment so it’s a nonsense to blame Azure, to blame overclocking, libraries etc. It is pretty obvious that there is an unknown issue rooted somewhere deep in the core of the sim that triggers these crashes on certain systems and I guess Asobo are well aware but they have no clue what exactly it is and how to solve it.

Support only provided pre-written, useless pieces of advices. For now, I bury this crappy software back where I dig it out of, until someone eventually posts some good new on these forums.

2 Likes

I’m afraid I have to throw my hat into the ring here, too. The sim was very stable up until several weeks/a month ago, so much so that I was defending it to anyone who complained.

Nowadays I find I’m reaching for other sims more and more because I just can’t complete a flight successfully in MSFS due to these constant CTDs. It happens so often I would bet money on it happening every single time I load the game.

Twice in the last few days it happened climbing out of EGBB in the Aerosoft CRJ, and just now it happened whilst I was sitting at the gate at EGNM in the FlyByWire A32NX.

Same thing every time:

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.15.8.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.15.8.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Fault offset: 0x0000000001f07b02
Faulting process ID: 0x11d0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d73464e06f2449
Faulting application path: F:\Program Files\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: F:\Program Files\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Report ID: 9f4bbac9-2e50-470f-897e-1974e47ce3b0
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID:
1 Like

Well, I was wrong about it always crashing 3 hours in… It just crashed 5 min into a flight. Stability is the ONLY thing they need to focus on for now. New features are useless for all of us who can’t even finish a flight without a CTD.

2 Likes

Just had a CTD while flying about in the JustFlight Arrow. The event viewer doesn’t really give much reason but similar to the above errors:

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.15.8.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.15.8.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Fault offset: 0x000000000016f58a
Faulting process ID: 0x4f40
Faulting application start time: 0x01d73467acfc5b09
Faulting application path: F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Report ID: 297203f2-283f-4b9e-ab83-cc54e0b5715a
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID:

First CTD I have had in months. Can you add some actual error messages when it does crash? That way we might be able to see whats causing it.

The same with me right now !!

135 hours logged up till the x.15.x updates with no CTD’s, now i’m getting them every few flights. Had them with the Arrow and The Piaggio so far. Some take an hour or so to appear, some in minutes.

I know they don’t mean anything, unless that is what you are agreeing with me about :stuck_out_tongue:

Agreed, although I post mine every single time as it’s another instance registered in this thread, and if nothing else it keeps it alive. These access violation errors are the only ones I get now, and there’s not a lot we can do about them.

I just don’t understand these crashes. I just wasted all my time planning my flight and entering into the Garmin. As soon as I started to taxi, CTD. Nothing has changed on my computer since I don’t auto update anything. Yet suddenly, I can’t get through a single flight without a CTD.

1 Like

Exactly.

This is not caused by anything WE are doing wrong. It is about an issue with MSFS - likely on the server side - that is causing CTD events.

Up until this afternoon I had not suffered from any CTD events after the Hotfix. Nothing has changed on my computer, but suddenly MSFS is no longer functional.

The problem is not with our computers. THEY must have introduced some errant bit of code on the server side.

As @hobanagerik points out, posting here serves to keep the ongoing CTD issues many of us seem to be having “front and center.”

5 Likes

I use to suffer tons of CDTs which i never use to get with xplane…what seemed to work for me was capping my boost on my ryzen 5 3600 to 4000mhz and manual voltage using ryzen master. Not had a CDT since fortunately. Just thought id share incase someone has similar cpu based issue. I know i should RMA my cpu but CBA to wait forever with no PC

That should not be the solution. If a software ran perfectly and it suddenly stops working although nothing was changed on the computer, then why mess with voltages? Makes no sense. Of course, if the software does not run well right from the very beginning then we can assume it has to do with the system. But it is not the case for the majority of us.

1 Like

Although the main menu CTDs still happen frequently, I got the JF Piper 28 Arrow a couple of days ago and thankfully it doesn’t seem to crash for me (unlike the CJ4 WT which crashes 100% of the time since my issues began).

However there are heavy stutters every 20-30 minutes though, as the screen completely freezes for a second and then resumes. Other than that it’s an excellent experience. After 3 hours of flying with the Arrow, I’m now fairly confident I won’t be getting CTDs out of it. Of course things can change, like they already have a few times now.

I assume you didn’t mean to reply to me since I don’t mess with my voltage or overclock anything.

1 Like

No, sorry, it isn’t aimed at you!

1 Like