Crash to desktop without error message

I reinstalled Windows & MSFS it didn’t make any difference…

Chances are the redo put you right back where you were. Time to start looking at the individual pieces to confirm everything is up to date, and the right drivers are loaded.

Starting to wonder if this will ever get corrected. Imagine a AAA game having these issues. Mine crashed again today after no crashes. The good ole runtime error again. I’ve tried everything that has been suggested on these forums and I’m still crashing non stop. I gotta just throw in the towel

What have you tried so far? My own crashes were 100% add-on related, not that you could tell from the event log. Removed the addons, and I haven’t had a single crash since.

The problem was my crashes were not regular, or expected. They could happen over an hour into my flight, or just after spawning in, and taxiing to the runway. I had to fly without these addons for nearly two weeks to prove the association was there.

I get the exact same CTD near OPFA - glad I’m not the only one…trying to work out how to avoid it

yep… we can not much do related to the grammar.pggmod error. There are some places at the map which cause that and its an older issue. As example: 100% reproducible CTD at specific coordinates for months

Some users wrote that lowering details of buildings can help.

PS. I only re-tested the issue-report from @StragglyArt5214

I would like to share with you how I managed to stop crashing the sim after FIVE MONTHS of continuous crashes .
I have a Gigabyte 1080ti OC . I installed the Aorus Engine and there was 3 options OC , Gamer and Silent. I chose the Silent option and the miracle happened , not even a single crash after many days of continuous playing.
Hope this would help anyone suffering to stop the CTD .

1 Like

I’m not overclocking CPU or GPU still CTD

1 Like

you could try to set your Frames to 30 in both Nvidia and MSFS settings also on your mother board if you can increase your fan one dash.

Yeah I run it in Vr so need the high fps unfortunately

removed add ons, page file size fix, reinstall C++ dozens of times, end task explorer.exe, set low priority and set affinity, reverted windows, lowered graphics settings, nothing is overclocked, used new and old drivers for gpu, no external programs that connect to the sim were running either. Some people can play the sim with no issues and there’s a ton of people that will never get to play it CTD free until Asobo does something. I just reinstalled my sim last night and played for about 5 hours today of flying and then the sim crashed with the runtime error again about 20 minutes ago.

Do you fly the same plane all the time? Does it crash with different planes?

What about your internet connection? How is that?

Also, when did you last re-install Windows?

There HAS to be a reason for it, and given many many people don’t have these issues it’s highly likely the cause has nothing to do with FS2020, or Asobo.

I always get a CTD when Windows.GamingServices in the MicrosoftStore updates.
This happens every day in the afternoon for me (!!)

This CTD is without any entry in the Reliability Monitor or Event viewer.
I cannot prevent this…

I bought the MSF 2020 Premium Deluxe version 1.15.10.1 about 2 weeks ago. It has been updated with all the recent patches. It ran fine until yesterday, when it “Crashed to Desk”, and will not load now, whatever I do.

My PC has a Geforce RTX 2070, Ryzen 7 3700X CPU, 16 Gb RAM. I have updated my Windows 10 OS, and downloaded the latest Geforce drivers. MSF 2020 still won’t load, and I’m at a loss to know what to do. There are many pages of suggestions on the forums, but I don’t have the expertise to try them, nor should I have to troubleshoot a Microsoft program that does not work! To say I’m exasperated would be an understatement. Is this the best place for this post so that the Sim manufacturer will read it?

Submit a Zendesk report.
https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Its pointless submitting a Zendesk ticket I’ve been on to them for weeks and they haven’t a clue
First off told me to reinstall Visual C++ which I did and it didn’t make any difference Then they said reset the PC so I wiped the SSD RE-installed Windows & MSFS still CTD. I got back on to them told them it didn’t work and they told me to uninstall Visual C++ and then they said reinstall Windows
They don’t seem to read previous replies so its a vicious circle

2 Likes

GTX 3080, i9, 64GB RAM, M2 SSD.
Flying Just Flight Piper Arrow, PC Graphics set to High, VR Graphics set to low.
Pressed Alitude Hold area got Freeze for 1 minute then CTD
12/05/2021

Fault bucket 2005877654327635434, type 5
Event Name: MoAppCrash
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 1594513383418795461

Problem signature:
P1: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.15.10.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
P2: praid:App
P3: 0.0.0.0
P4: 6087d3ea
P5: FlightSimulator.exe
P6: 0.0.0.0
P7: 6087d3ea
P8: c0000005
P9: 00000000009f02a6
P10:

This is the style of message that makes me happy that I am not blind.

1 Like

What errors do you see in the Windows Applications event log?