Crash to desktop without error message

It reads like there is something about your system that MSFS really doesn’t like, and it’s difficult to say what that might be. That error message is really unhelpful too.

When I was getting those errors messages regularly I just removed all ancillary things until I got my stability back, but I was always able to fly, I just didn’t know whether that flight was going to result in a CTD.

I use community mods as well, but only a handful. Some of my stability issues were caused by the PMS mods, or at least having them both installed at the same time. Back then I was flying the Arrow a lot, and had a lot of crashes. When I removed the 530 addon, and only used the 750 addon I found I was more stable.

I would still get the odd crash though. Thinking outside the sim itself, one other change I did was to stop using external flight tracking software, like LNM, and Volanta. I didn’t have a crash in months after that, and I continue to fly this way.

The last crash I had I had fired up LNM, and connected it to the sim for some reason. Obviously to get it to plot where I was but I forget why. I forgot to turn it off, and went back to flying. Towards the end of that flight, while doing some circuit practise, the sim crashed. It was then I noticed I left LNM connected. I haven’t done that since, and I have had zero crashes.

I also use Skypark, and that can also track your position, but I have not had a single crash since using that addon.

I don’t know if you have ever mentioned what you are using with the sim, but if you are crashing before you can even get to the main menu, it may not matter. You could try reviewing any overclocks you might have, and remove them for testing. Anecdotally I’ve observed that those with AMD processors seem to have move crash issues than Intel users. I just found your post where you mention you have an i7-10700, so that likely rules that theory out then.

1 Like

I bought and installed new PC specially for MSFS. Its an Intel(R) Core™ i9-10900 CPU @ 2.80GHz with 32.0 GB.

I use SPAD.neXt, Navigraph Simlink and Littlenavconnect (for Little Navmap on other PC). Before I did not have this problem for long time.

I would consider chopping out the use of Simlink, and Littlenavconnect for a few flights in that case.

If you fly like that for long enough that you would expect to get a crash but don’t, then you may have found your culprit.

None of this is suggesting the sim is not at fault, only suggesting that processes external to the sim are triggering a bug.

Since upgrading to Win11, which is when my reliability history would have got wiped, I had a single crash on 10/12/21, which was when I had LNM connected to the sim. I had one unrelated host process crash, and one other was Razer Central. Neither of these had an observable effect, and I didn’t even know they had until I viewed it here:

Series of my CTD is not related to system virtual memory and any add-ons. MSFS have memory allocation errors in code related to online services (weather/ATC/traffic).
With the weather preset, I don’t have a CTD.

2 Likes

Bravo !!!
Yes sir that is correct.
With everything off (weather/ATC/traffic).
I can go around the world.

virt. mem setting was just a starting point because its often related to 0x80000003. But yes, the issue with the weather ( and or others services ) seems have wider range as expected:

1 Like

I’m testing this morning with the following:

CVYR > KMCO - Citation Longitude

• Nvidia 496.76
  • Turned off HAG in Windows settings, reboot
  • V-Sync forced on in Nvidia Control Panel for FlightSimulator.exe
  • Going to leave 1-1-1 flight settings (suspecting Live Weather could be related to the CTDs)
  • Going to use stock Longitude livery (usually use the freight company one)

The new things I’m trying today are from reading the latest replies, livery and HAG. Going to recreate the flight I last CTD’d on and see what happens.

edit: Progress report (2 hrs later) - Live weather is actually working, game is running very smooth. It’s either the livery or Hardware Accelerated Graphics. But it could still crash before I get to Orlando. Will update any changes.

edit2: Landed, went to lunch at my job - actually missed approach and used the time feature to get to approach. Had a separate joystick issue present, rudder was sticking to the left.

I am now going to reattempt the same flight with the freight livery. Based on new posts here, I bet it’s hardware accelerated graphics. However, I’m gonna test it.

edit3: so far so good with different livery. I might bank all my eggs on HAG. I’m also a W11 user.

Just want to share my experience here: Windows 10 user, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, MSFS2020 was running very smoothly, no crash whatsoever.

Stopped playing for few months, and upgraded to Windows 11. CTD began showing up, gave responsibility to latest MSFS2020 updates. After latest MSFS2020 updates, CTD was still there (maximum playtime was around 10 minutes, CTD was always happening in training, events, everywhere). Updated to latest Nvidia drivers, still CTD happening after 10-15 minutes playtime, mostly while landing.

Error:

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000001b1a80a
Faulting process id: 0xc54
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7fe2e57220175
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.21.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.21.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Report Id: f60aec0e-924f-4804-80ab-2501b1f0e639
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.21.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

Read this thread (thanks to everyone!!), disabled HAG in Windows 11 (which by default it’s enabled after the upgrade). Rebooted PC. I had 7 runs of 2.5+ hours, no issues whatsoever.
So, in my case, disabling the HAG was the solution to my CTD issues.

2 Likes

is this horror-setting realy the default in windows 11 ? … omg…

I was wondering the same thing!!

On average, I can do 20 or 25% of the flights well.
So 75% of the time, once the game is running, I have CTDs that occur without any warning (the screen freezes right before) after a few seconds to several minutes. All completely random.
I don’t know what to do!
Help!

It’s no help I’m sure but you are one of many.
There are a LOT of posts here on this, with the exact same symptoms.

Thank you for your reply.
It “reassures” me…

1 Like

+1 to this, +10 if I make it to Orlando without a crash.

2 Likes

Good luck then! :slight_smile:

Crash after clicking ■■■■■■■ Fly Button. Are you kidding me Asobo? When will that ■■■■■■■ CTD’s will stop?

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.21.13.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.21.13.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Fault offset: 0x00000000012fda76
Faulting process id: 0x4b18
Faulting application start time: 0x01d8022d8ebaf9a0
Faulting application path: M:\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: M:\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Report Id: f50c041d-b60f-473f-9e91-93fa1141ed1e
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

you again enabled your mods ?

Happened again after another try.
Good job Asobo and Microsoft for making this ■■■■■■■ vulnerable game engine. I am even afraid to caught infront of my PC. Because, it can cause CTD.

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.21.13.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.21.13.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Fault offset: 0x00000000012fda76
Faulting process id: 0x1908
Faulting application start time: 0x01d8022f3e520511
Faulting application path: M:\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: M:\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Report Id: d81d6ce7-b6b4-4c83-a88a-f0a524648573
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

It was solved, one of Marketplace’s (Seasonal) addon was making issue. After installing this addon, i can run the game.

Now this ■■■■■■■ thing is another ■■■■■■■ type of CTD

There seems to be a bug related to live weather which is causing CTD’s for a lot of users.
They all have had good results by switching to a preset weather condition.
Some folks have also cleared the rolling cache.

1 Like