Crash to desktop without error message

So are you just here in your free time to condescend to the many people this sim doesn’t work for? You took time out of your busy playing schedule to berate the people the sim won’t work for? What a guy!!

After 4 major upgrades, 4364 posts, 1072 votes, dozens of different CTD threads and dozens of different “solutions” or workarounds (both official and unofficial) are we still debating whether it’s the sim’s fault or not?

Look at the brighter side. Come the Xbox version, there’ll be proposals to us CTDers to drop our PCs and try the console version instead. At least that one won’t be crashing, hopefully.

1 Like

Actually I took time out of my busy playing schedule to assist a simmer in need but that time was obviously wasted. All he really wanted to do was rant about Asobo even when the problem probably lies with his set up.

Well, yes. Because I VERY rarely have a CTD. Actually never. So if you do, it’s not the sim per se.

2 Likes

and also the amount of posts in that topic are not relevant… I wrote 354 posts without any kind of CTD, just for helping users. I also assume, that some users we helped and which no longer get CTD does’nt “un vote”.

In special the last issues show us, there is a high impact from faulty-drivers ( sound drivers latest ).
The other issue often occurs is “less memory (pagefile setting)”. There are some other examples, like OC, and because of these we can not say generaly “it is allways the game” ( would be nice, because error analyse would be easy, but it isnt ). Therefore we need good error reports, e.g. with windows log message / specs / etc … and a good and objectively discussion.

We know some ensured CTD caused by the game, as example the map issue. These kind of CTD we can exactly determine with the given error number. Sometime also login-issues… etc.

Of course, I not assume the game is free of bugs, but allways these kind of post from @Zeppos , makes these topic bigger and bigger and users can not find the posts which contain helpfull and relevant informations. ( and sorry that my post was in this way also kind of out-of-scope )

3 Likes

Is it my postman’s fault then? Maybe it’s the lack of rain here?

Your logic is ridiculously flawed.

If the software is the only constant variable between us and you experience CTDs and I don’t. You give the only constant factor as primary reason?

And you think my logic is flawed? :grin:

4 Likes

That’s a difficult point to argue, I think. I’ve had plenty of crashes, and almost all of them have been explainable. Mod conflicts, issues with the terrain, or a particular locations etc. Remove mods, don’t fly to certain areas, and you are good.

Even the one I had where a group flight were all flying a custom 152, and I wasn’t, had a workaround. I installed the modded plane, and I had no crashes for the rest of the flight. So yes, it was the sim, but not default elements of the sim. Should it work? Yes. But there are usually workarounds.

2 Likes

There’s a problem with the sim with certain PC Hardware/Configurations A released piece of software should be compatible with all hardware, They didn’t or still don’t know what the problem was… We’ll see on the 27th, I 've changed everything except my PSU and still CTD and as I 've said many times on here, It worked flawlessly up to WU3 then CTD nearly every flight… It’s the Sim!

You’re contradicting yourself… Maybe it’s the PSU which isn’t strong enough? You wouldn’t be the first one where the PSU can’t handle both maxed out CPU and GPU and gives up with CTD/power off as a result.

I will be the last one to say that the sim is without flaws, but since the early days the program in general is very stable. Mods and sometimes in-game airports can cause CTD when not properly modelled.

PSU was a year old 850watt, not running any mods reinstalled OS/MSFS twice

you own AMD GPU…

Yeah a RX6800xt

and we find out that this is an important point. For a lot of users starts the trouble with switching to a new AMD GPU. I can not tell you whether some cards are faulty or ( as lot of users mention ) the AMD driver is completly s…t ( more worst like nvidias driver ) or the game don’t like AMD :wink:

Had a RTX2080 Super before when it started CTD but not as frequently… CTD got worse after the change over to RX6800xt

but because a lot of other users don’t run into a ctd with a 2080s, it points more to a “not game issue”. But this is just a guess because the situations ( the old system vs your new system ) are completly different. All what I know / read in this forum about AMD ( and so far I remember it is same situation for @Zeppos ) is, that some users have trouble with it… much more than nvidia owners.
Some amd users limit the issue with lowering the settings ( which is nothing else than lowering the load at the gpu ).

May be we have more AMD reports because more users own AMD card, I don’t know. But because it runs fine for some users, we can again not direct point to a bug in game.

PS: I wish my english would be better :rofl:

1 Like

Your English is Fine Man! I really dont know anymore… I have seen post on here with other users using 2080 - 2070 having the same problems… I just know I never had any problem until WU3 then the CTD started

trust me,… I checked your posts, because I know that you mainly replaced all of your hardware.
But I have no other ideas, in this way, as what we mentioned about the drivers ( from gpu till chipset ), enough memory (pagefile), try disable xmp profiles ,conflicting applictions, mods, over heating, network relevant setttings, etc. . I realy hope the bug is in the game and developers can fix that, may be with changes in coming SU5 ( which are possible huge changes ). But I fear, just because a lot of users not run into these Ctd’s, it’s not a game issue.

PS.: thanks :relaxed:

update: and a additional note : a good overall-summary of what I read here in forum about amd:

Yes I’m hoping the 27th can fix our CTD problems we’ll have to wait and see

I have an AMD card on order and absolutely no qualms that I won’t get it working properly.