Crash to desktop without error message

That’s why the usual advice of flying without Community mods installed is given if you encounter instability, especially after a recent update has been installed. But if you weren’t flying that plane when you were getting those crashes, but it was installed, it could be MP users near you were flying that plane?

1 Like

Despite all the latest patches, I still often get CTD’s near landing approaches. i9-11900k, 3080ti, 32gb, custom loop cooling.

1 Like

Some are using addons that are basically unchanged FSX one’s, why should Asobo want to hamper their own development and customers by accomodating them?

If 3rd parties want to develop for MSFS it is they that should comply not vice versa!

I have zero addons loaded except for the Working Title G3000 mod. I don’t think this is a mod issue. It’s just another manifestation of the software development competency issue exemplified by most of Asobo’s work.

2 Likes

Thats great. I’m talking about released on the official store. But keep ignoring the problem and fermenting the ground for Asobo to tank the game further. Again, what is the issue with ANY of my solutions? Particularly giving developers access to a development build so THEY can ensure their add-ons function and not have it on Asobo’s plate? I guess that doesn’t fit your narrative now does it.

It’s actually a huge mod issue

I just reproduced the exact same crash with literally zero addons loaded - not even the G3000 mod. All this blood is on Asobo’s hands.

So far today, CTD rate is 75%.

Now 80%.

If you look further up and I believe I had even responded to you, these crashes occur with a CLEAN installation and empty community and official folders. So no. Not a “huge mod” issue.

Ask yourself why auto manufacturers don’t endorse aftermarket parts?

Ask yourself why there’s a Right to Repair movement.

1 Like

Touche! But he who holds all the cards …

Yeah thats the problem. Asobo refuses to communicate with 3rd party devs other than to host them on their store and neglects having open development channels with them. It doesn’t even have to be with ALL add-on makers, at least the popular and well established would be a giant improvement. As seen in this thread, Aerosoft cancelled an upcoming project because of this. How can we expect more advanced devs to move in and make our collective experience better? At this rate, we’ll just get Captain Sim 777 type add-ons that use the buggy base systems. As I stated before, Asobo themselves stated they’re looking to 3rd party dev’s to do the systems development for their respective aircrafts to provide more realistic experiences so Asobo can focus on the base game and engine.

Ask yourself why I experience identical problems with zero addons loaded

These vanilla crashes are just a temporary feature and you know it, that last update was huge without much time for testing (probably Msoft pressure), there was always going to be some problems.

These vanilla crashes are just a temporary feature and you know it, that last update was huge without much time for testing (probably Msoft pressure), there was always going to be some problems.

No. Vanilla crashes have been happening on again and off again since day 1 of this game’s launch. Sometimes for a few weeks at a time the crashes are gone. For the majority of the time they’ve persisted. Not for everyone, but for a lot. Including me, across multiple compters.

Quit apologizing for a company you have only a commercial relationship with and focus on discussing the actual issues at hand.

2 Likes

From what I’ve seen they don’t have to be loaded just present in either folder, that includes everything that isn’t Asobo.

This just goes back to having open channels of communication with major/popular developers and having testers (which you can see their badges here on the forums albeit they’re hiding right now) actually test things; not solely fly the base build that Asobbo themselves are already flying and testing internally.

All I can say is DX12 is coming, nay is actually here and that is exactly why they’ve raised the bar, things need fixing for sure but they probably always knew that. Like anyone Asobo have their preferred and trusted partners and to imagine that all developers will be treated equally is naive.

Not askinng for that. Refer to my previous post

There was a huge issue beffore with Aerosoft’s CRJ’s not following the ILS and it was stated by them it was an Asobo issue because they had changed things under the hood and did not give them time to adjust.

Look around you at all the frustration, distaste, and cancelled projects. This is the state of the game you are arguing for.

1 Like