Crash to desktop without error message

Good day to all.

Just to let you know I am a Gold Member of the MSFS2020 CTD CLUB since a while and as many of you I am fade up of the unprofessionalism of MS/ASOBO. They literally forget that we are the customers, some of us paid a huge amount of money in this software and they are unable to use it nor MS/ASOBO are able to fix it because it looks like they have no control on the situation and they are trying to rely on the community to solve the issue.

Forget about refund, I have some friends who have been trying to get their money back it is Impossible Mission or Mission Impossible. But in the US their are solid laws…

Having said that today for the first time in my CTD history, I got a messages :

“NVIDIA SHARE and NVIDIA Container failure” !?!?!?!?!? WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?

I am no computer genius. so If any one can help please.

Unusually I got CTD about 3 mins after I start the flight and in VR. And I CTD about 7 min in none VR mode.

Thank you

2 Likes

may be you have enabled in Nvidia Geforce the GameStream / and or Highligh Recording. If so, disable it…

1 Like

If I were to venture a guess I would say it’s an Nvidia driver problem. Which driver version are you using?

1 Like

It is possible to set Windows 11 as O.S. in Zendesk ticket.

1 Like

CTD’s definitely not fixed - - in fact they are worse. I can’t get a single flight in now, whereas I was able to get 1 out of 4 flights completed before! What a joke!

2 Likes

I run it on NTFS.

1 Like

Hi Thank you. I totally removed Geforce Experience, but it is still crashing in Vr or none Vr,

1 Like

Hi, Thank you. i have the latest update.

1 Like

It’s possible there is something wrong with the driver. You could try an uninstall, reboot, then reinstall of the driver.

I have multiple CTD until, following this page :

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/4406280653202-All-versions-Crashing-CTDs-issues-Advanced-Troubleshooting

I have deleted Visual C++ and reinstalled fresh one.

Now at this moment, I have no more CTD.
I hope will be resolve the problem.

May be same for you, try it!

Sorry to everybody for my bad english.

1 Like

but then you get a different error message ?

Hi guys! it can help you…

“Error Code 0xc00000005”

->What does Windows error 0xc0000005 mean, In principle this error can occur under three scenarios:
1.Windows Installation: "An unexpected error occurred while installing Windows. Check that the installation sources are accessible, then rerun the installation. Error code: 0xC0000005 "
2.Launching Applications: "The application failed to start correctly (0xc0000005). Click “OK” to stop the application. "
3.Access violation by applications: “0xC0000005: Access violation while reading location …”

In all the cases mentioned, it is advisable to resolve the problem yourself since Windows does not offer any specific resolution for this error.

->The most common causes of error 0xc0000005:
On the one hand, it is possible that the hardware is not functioning correctly or is configured incorrectly.
On the other hand, the error can also be in the software running so that a reinstallation can potentially solve the problem. In most cases, however, the problem is with errors or damage to the operating system. The search range then extends from erroneous or invalid registry entries to damaged files or system configurations to missing or incomplete DLL (Dynamic Link Library) files.

Access violation errors are errors that always occur when a running program attempts to access a specific resource (including memory) that is protected from such access or cannot be accessed. An error of this type with the code “0xc0000005” is always related to a failure of the software in question.
You can first try to remove the affected application from your PC and reinstall it. If the files or software settings were responsible for the access error, it is highly likely that the error will not occur again. However, if the reinstallation does not provide the desired result, you should try the following strategy:
->Disable Data Execution Prevention (DEP) for the program:
With the Data Execution Prevention (DEP Data Execution Prevention), Windows has incorporated a RAM protection feature that can be unintentionally responsible for access problems like 0xc0000005. Indeed, some programs are not compatible with this security feature, which is why this error is caused by certain actions. The easiest solution in this case is to deactivate the protection mechanism for the application concerned. To do this, you will need administrator rights and follow these steps:
1.Open the “Run” dialog box from the start menu or by using the key combination [Windows] + [R] key.
2.Type “sysdm.cpl” and press Enter to open System Settings.
3.Go to the “Advanced system settings” tab and under “Performance” click on the “Settings” button.
4.Go to the “Data Execution Prevention” tab and select the entry “Enable data execution prevention for all programs and services except those I select”.
5.Click “Add” and then locate the .exe file of the problematic program.
6.Save the change by first clicking “Open” and then “OK”.
->Run Windows Memory Diagnostic and replace faulty RAM if necessary:
If the access problem with an error code “0xc0000005” persists despite the previous steps, you should consider the fact that it may be a hardware fault and more accurately damaged RAM. In this case, the solution is to replace the faulty RAM.
However, you need to be sure that the access error actually stems from a faulty RAM module. You can do this using the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool. You can find it in the start menu under “Windows administrative tools” or by using the search function. Start the tool with a double click and then select the option “Restart now and check for possible problems”. The PC then shuts down and the memory diagnostic is performed on the subsequent restart.
When the scanning process is complete, Windows restarts as usual. In the information bar (bottom right), you will receive a message about the results of the analysis. This tells you if there are any memory problems or if the RAM is working properly.
Besides RAM, the disk where Windows is to be installed is also a common source of errors. If this disk is not functioning properly, the probability that the installation will fail is high and may also result in an error code other than “0xc000005”.

Microsoft Forum Post:
“Since I installed windows 10, as soon as I start some programs the following message appears: “The application failed to start correctly (0xc0000005)”
I have tried updating the affected programs, but nothing happens. I tried uninstalling them, nothing happens, and with ccleaner too.”
Moderator response:
Could you try to repair Windows using the following instructions:

• Right click on the Windows button
  • Click on “Command prompt (admin)”
  • Copy / paste the following command prompts:
    dism / online / cleanup-image / restorehealthsfc / scannow
    (i don’t know if it works)

Personal experience:
Before doing all of its handling, I advise you to check the settings of your “Virtual Memory”
I hardly ever had a CTD other than the ones I created… Defective or incompatible addons,where for me the settings of Virtual Memory…
My first CTDs by clicking on the FLY button… I went to see my memory settings and the parameter was set “to No Swap File” what is not good.
I changed the settings manually to have a recommended setting,in my case:
Recommended: 4983Mo → I put: 5500Mo
CTD on landing or in big cities but no longer when I click on FLY…
Last test I defined the C: disk and the disk where the sim is installed on Size “Managed by the system” and since really no CTD

Sorry for the length of this post but it was just to make it clear that the problem usually comes from us… (I think of course) me the first I shouted on Asobo, that he did not know creates a game, but in this case why so many people can play

Good luck everyone, hoping to see you in the sky :call_me_hand: :wink: :airplane: :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

which you done manually ;)… some users have disabled the pagefile and this is in short words “allways wrong , independen of amount of RAM”. We have some topic about pagefile settings, in special for users with less than 32GIG RAM. Some other users run into issues because there free disc space is extremly low and then windows not allocate new space for pagefile. The recommendation about pagefile settings is also often mentioned in forum ( incl. within this topic ) ( and thin in meanwhile in FAQ ) and I hope users have read that :slight_smile:

1 Like

First crash of the new patch. No ATC interaction, just minding my own business, and no surprises its 0xc0000005.

may be this something relate with too fast memory/ssd when system can not get all cpu instructions? something unbalance in the ipc, something heavy bottleneck too fast system system, i sure is there systems without ctd and very different system, and same situation with ctd systems, i just take ctd as normal and live with it from p3d till now :slight_smile: i had ctd all the time, and most of them in flight simulators p3d and msfs 2020, and far cry 4, i think this one champion of ctd lol

1 Like

hardware can not be “too fast” . It can only be instable because of hardware failure, not good envionrment condtions (e.g. heat) or wrong settings (e.g. bios).

Of course the drivers ar also a big point and if they do not a good job with the system integration, issues comes also on top.

In special if you have crash in many different games, it points more to an issue with your system.

PS. of course is windows OS it self a big bug nest

1 Like

It’s so random now. Since WU6 I have more CTDs after landing, when taxiing to the gate. Addon and default airports. Having finished my flight is good, but not getting the plane to parking and shut it down leaves me behind with a kind of unsatisfied feeling.

3 Likes

too fast unbalance i mean, when something out of range relate other component, so in that situation this broke something when write to ssd, or ram, or between gpu and ram, something, what interface can not handle right, even with all components set to good, this is just part of all possible crashes include causes, what you mention, i just now flight very long time about 1000nm with one landing for refuel, but some time it’s crashes after 20 minutes, so i don’t even talking about my situation, because i have a lot addons, and flight around the world here and there, btw looks like afterburner really can be cause, even if use only for change fans curvature… idk

I will post when every crash happend

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.19.8.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: VCRUNTIME140.dll, version: 14.29.30133.0, time stamp: 0x60ff28cc
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000001470
Faulting process id: 0x9d0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7a6df69acef2e
Faulting application path: M:\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\VCRUNTIME140.dll
Report Id: e445008b-5013-4154-8362-c3ecf930b18e
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Just got 2 CTDs. One after 6 hours of flight (yay) and one after 15 min of flight. First was in the TBM and second in the Longitude.

Communityfolder is completely empty and I bought the Aermacci MB 339 on the 8.9. but have done multiple flights since then without an Error (5 flights, arounds 5 hours total). Both errorcodes are: : 0xc0000005. I’m running volanata next to MSFS to track my flights since february. (Never had any issues before, just felt like telling I run one addon).

Regards

1 Like