Crash to desktop without error message

Thats all just a stab in the dark

This didnt happen to me instail i installed the 1.9.5.0 update…

That update is more flawed than the original game if you can believe it…

The first it didnt even download,

I uninstalled the original and re installed the whole thing
The new update fixed almost NOTHING
And adding that it crashes after about 20 minutes with no known reasoning…

At the end of the day
This game is ■■■■
Its poorly written and manufactured and i dont think they even consulted any real pilots on any of these aircraft.
I used to be air traffic controller so i know a little bit, enough to to know most of the jetliner systems dont work properly…

And again the game is poorly written and manufactured especially the latest updates so they took an app that almost worked

ÀND DESTROYED IT.

if you are in such a manner, i recommend getting your money back because this app is not what you paid for and NOW has so many flaws.

IT WILL NEVER BE WHAT YOU PAID FOR

I don’t seem to get as many in flight crashes now (I still have had a couple though, often related to peripheral disconnection). But I still get a lot of crashes from the main menu screens. Doesn’t matter if I’m flight planning or if I’m not even at the computer, it’ll crash at least the first time I have loaded the sim

Really? Nothing in your post suggests that, I’m sorry to say.

I would agree with you on some of you points. Systems definitely need some more engineering time, but for GA craft some in the community have stepped up with some great mods for the Garmin equipment. I almost forgot the team working on the A320 Neo.

I don’t agree with you on the refund front, though. Unless you are someone that only wants to fly IFR, which from my own dabbling seems a little hit and miss, there is plenty to explore here.

Things will get better, it’s just a bit of a shaky path at times. Little by little, the experience is getting better, if you can look past the little irritations like clouds, and water quality. Personally, I think there are far more important things to look into than those, but they shouldn’t be forgotten about either.

1 Like

Hi @candykatx,

dont forget that the post with the content about the “CoherentUIGT.dll” was an EXAMPLE from Jhonny8916 which he copy/pasted from another thread. Please use Search-Functions and go to the threads where this CoherentUIGT.dll topic is discussed. Issue of Jhonny8916 is “nvwgf2umx_cfg.dll”…

info for @ talgmar: same, there are other threads in forum about

1 Like

Hi , ok thanks for the heads up
Just trying to figure things out and help
And if it helps me and others I will look out for other similar threads , the search brought me to this one

related to the issue from @Jhonny8916 we tried following:

start: issue in event log was : nvwgf2umx_cfg.dll

• deinstalled complet nvidia drivers and reboot
    idea behind: fallback to drivers from windows update, no additonal things

But after this run into the issue : VCRUNTIME140.dll …005

• and reinstalled c++ libs

But it was also not helpfull and thus we spoke about hardware and come to RAM timings.

• as a result we set the value for RAM Timings in BIOS to “Auto”
  • installed new nvidia drivers again

Result: Jhonny completed his first longer flight wihtout CTD

Currently long time tests are in progress, but still that he can fly longer as 20min is a result.

2 Likes

And I want to thank @MichaMMA in public for his dedication and patience with me while performing several test and possible, troubleshooting.
Several more test are coming on the way and I’ll keep you up to date with results…
No mods installed MSFS pure as it comes…

3 Likes

After the latest update (1.10.8.0) I keep getting CTD without error after every flight. Usually in descent/approach. It’s very annoying as I can never finish a flight. Before the patch everything worked fine.

Error in Windows Events Log does not say anything useful as well (Dutch):

Logboeknaam:   Application
Bron:          Application Error
Datum:         9-11-2020 17:56:24
Gebeurtenis-id:1000
Taakcategorie: (100)
Niveau:        Fout
Trefwoorden:   Klassiek
Gebruiker:     n.v.t.
Computer:      PCv2020
Beschrijving:
Naam van toepassing met fout: FlightSimulator.exe, versie: 1.10.8.0, tijdstempel: 0x5f9c145a
Naam van module met fout: FlightSimulator.exe, versie: 1.10.8.0, tijdstempel: 0x5f9c145a
Uitzonderingscode: 0xc0000005
Foutmarge: 0x0000000000c60e6c
Id van proces met fout: 0x5dfc
Starttijd van toepassing met fout: 0x01d6b6b10b26ee80
Pad naar toepassing met fout: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Pad naar module met fout: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Rapport-id: d626bbdb-cb7c-45b9-a4fc-3933dc11c3e1
Volledige pakketnaam met fout: 
Relatieve toepassings-id van pakket met fout: 
Gebeurtenis-XML:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Error" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-11-09T16:56:24.1335625Z" />
    <EventRecordID>10569</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>PCv2020</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>FlightSimulator.exe</Data>
    <Data>1.10.8.0</Data>
    <Data>5f9c145a</Data>
    <Data>FlightSimulator.exe</Data>
    <Data>1.10.8.0</Data>
    <Data>5f9c145a</Data>
    <Data>c0000005</Data>
    <Data>0000000000c60e6c</Data>
    <Data>5dfc</Data>
    <Data>01d6b6b10b26ee80</Data>
    <Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe</Data>
    <Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe</Data>
    <Data>d626bbdb-cb7c-45b9-a4fc-3933dc11c3e1</Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

PC is top notch in specs:

RTX3080
Ryzen9 5900X
32GB @3200mhz
MSFS is installed on a 1 TB NVME SSD.

2 Likes

I had this happen to me lots of times, and in the end it was a combination of disabling AI traffic, or as I preferred to do, turn on two options in graphics:

With those options on I haven’t had a CTD in that scenario a single time. With them off, it happened to be four times in one group flight.

1 Like

I just completed my 2nd full flight without CTD MMUN KEWR 1 hour 20 minutes…

Looks like is solved my thing… i just want you all solve your issues!

2 Likes

Sometimes I finish a flight, most often I do not… Let alone a flight of some length (3+ hours).

I’m so effing sick of this crashing.

Hey MS, I bought a system for this and I have to disable everything and even then it’s a crapshoot as the whether I’ll land. You sure I don’t need to disable my furnace or set up a bunch fo funky chickens in my yard as well?

Tried every single suggestion on these forums. You’re all shooting in the dark. There’s something basic going on. Memory related most likely.

Oh well.

2 Likes

Guys, there’s no fix on our end that will solve it. It’s a bug on their end. We just gotta wait for the update… in December …???

1 Like

Just installed patch six (1.10.11) and got 4 x CTDs in about an hour. So just as bad if not worse.

3 Likes

Yep - same here. They need to focus on the CTD stability issues before feature fixes.

For a section of paying customers it’s a non functional product - I can handle autopilot bugs if it actually runs…

3 Likes

I have also still Crash to desktop without error message after today update 2020-11-10

2 Likes

About 50% of my flights finish with CTD with no error message and use to happen to me on final approach. Frame rate limited to 30 on Nvidia control panel. Today’s update 2020-11-10 didn’t fix it.
I’m really ■■■■■■ of.

Ryzen 7- 2700X, 32GB, GTX 1660 Super

2 Likes

100% of mine crash within in mins most don’t start and those that do crash within 30 seconds - after patch 6 I’m mostly failing to load the main menu’s.

1 Like

If you’re experiencing an issue with MSFS, remove ALL modifications: liveries, airplanes ect

3 Likes

Did the update. Now it’s doing 10 fps.

I have to laugh!

Shouldn’t we be able to use these things?

1 Like