Crash when number of mods loaded reaches X

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

This bug is about the number of mods

Brief description of the issue:

Jorg said he never heard of the limit on the number of mods. The number isn’t exact, sometimes it can be more or less, but on XBox my limit was about 1200 mods. On PC, my maximum number of mods is about 1575. If you start getting near or above those numbers, you will generally crash when trying to load the sim. If you do load, it will crash at random points.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Its a CTD

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Have more than the listed number of mods loaded.

PC specs and peripheral set up:

It happened on my laptop previously, it still happens on my desktop now. I don’t think PC specs matter, but I have a I9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64 Gig memory, 2 TB OS NVMe, 4 TB addon NVME

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Its happened ever since I had MSFS, which was SU5

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

I thought the issue they discussed was when you hit a certain number of folders in the Community folder access to the Marketplace was blocked.

Each addon that you see in Content Manager is a folder. Some of those are located in your Community folder, some are in your OneStore folder. The question was phrased badly, it isn’t actually a bug with the number of folders, but the number of addons that can be held in memory. Once you get near the limit, strange things can happen and sometimes you crash in various places. But once you exceed the limit, the sim won’t start at all. It will crash before it gets to the main menu.

1 Like

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Yes, as listed numerous times elsewhere, report in BETA, and for over a year in other posts

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

load all add ons and see what happens

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video: