Crashes post SU7 on Xbox

I’m still getting crashes post SU7 on Xbox anyone else?

Hi @Flyboy709063,
I have moved your post from another topic.

Could you explain more details about the CTDs you are getting?

Since the Game of the Year update, whilst downloading add ons it CTD. The game then won’t reload and I have to uninstall the game and reinstall. I then tryed to download all my addons and it CTD again. I then have to uninstall and reinstall which takes hours. I’ve done this 4 times now and it’s just done crashed again and the game won’t load at all. I’ve uninstalled yet again.

@Myres,
Firstly a warm welcome to the forums.
I would be really frustrated if this was happening to me.

I would suggest, for this particular issue, that you create a ticket on Zendesk, selecting the option
I need technical support (Crash/CTDs, Performance issues)

Others, here, who also use Xbox and have experienced this issue, may be able to offer their insights as well.

Hopefully they may be able to help with your specific issue.

Are there any numbers or stats on defective X-Boxs, that could be the cause of CTD for specific units ?

Are all X-box X’s the same , or have they changed version over their lifetime ?

Thank you, I will give that a try. Much appreciated.

1 Like

[ Xbox Serie X ] - [ T-Flight hotas one - game pad - Mouse - Reno full pack ]

As a contribution to what is happening to me, it seems that it is the use of Reno aircraft that corrupt MSFS.
Since the release of SU7 I have a lot of CTD and a lot of FPS jerks, but I’ve practically only played Reno planes. When I launch the game and fly with a plane other than Reno, everything goes well ( like day one in fact 07/27/2021 ) it’s fluid without any CTD.
As long as I fly with a reno plane in open world, against the clock or in multi-player racing I have jerks and CTDs during my cession game … it’s just what I found, maybe it’s also a pure hazard I can’t say.

I just share this observation.

Hi it’s only when flying from Roland Reagan International normally when taxing or swapping from internal to external view - I understood from the post thread that others had had issues with CTDs at KDCA. I use Xbox X and don’t have any other issues with CTDs anywhere else. I have SU7 installed and latest downloads. Doesn’t seem to make any difference what standard MS aircraft I’m in. Hope this helps

1 Like

I do know some are getting CTD’s on xbox for various reasons. With yours involving KDCA, which should have been fixed in SU7, have you tried deleting your rolling cache to start a new cache?

I’m also experiencing plenty of CTD since SU7, recently purchased several airports that were on sale , RJAA, KIAD and also EGLC and it’s almost unplayable - usually happens when I switch views , it typically hangs or slows for a second and then CTD. Very frustrating.

2 Likes

Same here. CTD‘s after landing everytime. When it beginn to drop dps i know in 2 seconds the Screen is black and im back on the dashboard. Mouse freeze (just swap with quick resume the App That works) and Otter big bugs. It´s a horror to think about the money i spend for the Game inclusive Hardware and Software.

Itˋs defently Not the Status to release that software on Xbox.

Still Hope After the miss Launch of the PMDG´s DC6 someone wake ups at MS or Asbo.

3 Likes

I have experienced CTD’s since the launch on Xbox but has got worse since GOTY…

2 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion - have tried that but I will do it again. It’s seems very specific in terms of geography I have no other issues with the sim

Most of the CTDs seem DLC related. I can recreate them over and over…a lot of developers are saying they have no way of testing the release of DLC on Xbox and it’s down to Microsoft….they need to acknowledge this problem

4 Likes

So here is what I have gathered so far.

Most of the crashes I have seen involve either DRZewiecki or ORBX addons. But don’t start thinking I’m blaming them. They are just part of the symptom

SU7, in Content Manager the World Updates brought back in for me BIIS, EKRN, KDFW, LFMN, LOWK. These conflicts had been previously removed prior to SU7.

With these conflicts in place, I was not able to get off the runway of KORD (payware) or KMDW (default). I have the DRZEWIECKI Chicago mod. However, I was able to spawn in the air over the air, and I was able to take off from KPWK.

Removing the conflicts, I was able to again take off from KORD without a CTD.

Putting back the conflicts, I am able to replicate the CTD.

Other users have also reported inability to takeoff from other DRZewiecki or ORBX airports. I have suggested to various XBox users to follow this procedure. 2 it worked for, 2 it didn’t, 2 refused to try stating they had already removed any conflicts prior to SU7, and 6 I never got a response back from.

I don’t know what ORBX or DRZewiecki have in common, nor do I know why the existence of a conflict nowhere near that addon would have this effect.

1 Like

Yes totally agree with this. All of my Orbx content results in a crash CTD. London City Airport and scenery. Same with Krakow airport by the same developer you mention. I also get an issue with London Gatwick by Inibuilds. If I do cold starts I crash if I approach I crash.

I have spoken with Inibuilds and they have said this is happening because Microsoft do not give them an exact Xbox test setup as it would be in real world so can’t properly test. Hence all these issues coming in. I don’t blame the developers at all in fact these build some of the very best content.

They also confirmed Microsoft are just pushing any dlc issues reported back to the developers so this will go around in circles until Microsoft acknowledge this.

I have spend hundreds of pounds on marketplace for xbox and have had to uninstall most of this content to play the game without CTD

I really won’t be purchasing anything else until this is acknowledged and resolved. More people need to report and log this

2 Likes

The thing is, what I have presented is experiments so far, tying in the commonalities. It points to something that is common between addons with those developers, but not specific to the addon itself. And we know in at least three of the cases, removing conflicts clears the problem.

But this isn’t a full definition. It’s only narrowing it somewhat. But until I presented the commonalities, everyone has been treating them as separate issues. It doesn’t appear to be.

The problem here is CTD is a generic term and there are so many reports of them, but until the specific scenarios are looked at. E.G DLC nothing will improve. I have no idea what Microsoft are doing to investigate them as there isn’t much detail with regards to what type of CTDs they are looking at….they need to be reviewing these posts to pick up on the recreateable examples

I have Drzewiecki Washington installed - I often get CTD at this airport / it’s the only CTD issue I get with fs2020 on Xbox - only happens when installed. Fantastic add on and as you say not the developers fault.

Yea exactly I just think it’s the fact it’s being released without being tested properly as the devs are not being given like for like Xbox test environments. We need to keep pushing these reports etc as the developers are aware but Microsoft doesn’t seem to be listening