Crashing Not to Desktop

Yup. The proper one is installed. And updated.

Try your controllers plugged in one at a time, and see if you can isolate the issue to one of them.

I have the Bijan Trees and REX Global Airport textures which I always use for all my flights so I will try removing them one at time…starting with REX…and see if the problem persists.

I don’t know how a texture mod could cause such an anomaly in the sim but then again I am no coding expert by any means !

1 Like

If I start unplugging controllers I get into a situation where all of my settings are gone and I have to go back redo all of them and it takes forever, so I’m going to try this last.

1 Like

MS Store or Steam?

I guess I need to post at least ten characters here, so Steam.

This is where your settings are stored, you should be able to back them up.
Joystick, throttle, pedals, logbook & profile is stored here:
x:\Steam\userdata\[your Steam ID]\1250410
(x is the location where your Steam is installed)

When troubleshooting it is best to have empty Community folder and use a stock Asobo plane :slight_smile:

You can still enjoy mods. As other have said you can use the excellent free AddOns Linker to manage them. Keep mods anywhere outside the game and it will generate symbolic links. Many mods greatly improve on the base game. Sure some will cause conflicts, the Linker can help manage these. You can very easily enable/disable.

1. Create a folder outside the game called MSFS Mods
  2. Create as many sub folders under this like Airports, Airplanes, Terrain, Vegetation, Avionics, Liveries etc.

Under Airports folder you can make region folders. Airports > USA | Canada | Japan | S.E. Asia | Mid East etc. Make as many sub folders under the other categories. Will make things easier to manage once in the Linker.

In theory you should be able to move some Official mods too but don’t quote me on that.

It’s best to uninstall official mods, then remove the folders, otherwise the sim will probably re-install them.

Ok I uninstalled Bijan’s Seasons and the problem immediately quit. I checked to verify I was one or two updates behind. I installed the latest version and it appears to have been the problem mentioned in my OP. I think it may have been related to the ‘experimental’ terrain masking, but not sure. Working normally now.

1 Like

Good to know.
I will keep on eye on the mask add-on and see if that may be the culprit.
Still don’t understand how a terrain texture mod can cause such a flight anomaly??

1 Like

As I understand it Asobo’s scenery is designed to be overwritten by mods but the mods aren’t designed to be overwritten by other mods for the same location. And I guess this goes beyond just scenery too.

1 Like

I wonder if that would explain the pink stencil-looking areas of terrain I see in some places.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.