Credit where due: That's one impressive hurricane

Definitely right!
We did open a topic for votes to contest that decision that locks updraft/dowdraft at only 1000ft/min and the limitation of turbulence and of course the real need of thermals which still missing more than a year after the release date! …I’m not even talking about the issue of gust winds in MFS2020, there’s also a thread about that bug…
The absence of convective winds in CB and TS makes MFS2020 totally unrealistic in this area and give to many users a very wrong idea about reality and what’s going on in severe condtions weather, that perhaps the reason why many users enjoy to fly a C152 or even a B787 right into those cells like TS/CB and find it “realistic”…
But as a matter of fact that makes MFS2020 Live Weather very casual that looks like to please the majority of players, unfortunately. Unfortunately not because of the fun that MFS2020 creates for many of us but because it doesn’t work like that in reality at all, it’s factual it’s not about opinion or polemic about this or that, depends on if we do like talking about Aviation or if we do talk about a “game” that gives a wrong idea somehow about aviation. Why’s that? Just because the weather is the corner stone for the safety in aviation, we need to know how it does work before starting the engine.

I think Asobo should care about realism (not only to be focus on beautiful visuals as Hurricane, thunderstorm TS etc) because the first thing we do learn when we start the PPL is to be really careful with the weather conditions of the day via METAR/TAF and certainly not flying under or through CB if you fly a DR400, a PA28, a C172 whatsoever due to severe convective winds that could be very dangerous for the structure of your bird, (which Xplane/Avtive Sky/XEnviro translate in a realisitc way) same for severe turbulence that belong to the CB cells… because in reality trust me guys it’s not that funny if you fly a TB10 or a C172 intp those cells and definitely not safe at all ! (I’m not even talking about TS, you don’t want to go there for the sake of Safety not matter if you do fly a light bird or a tube!)

Asobo should care very strongly about that essential matter without waiting for our votes to get realism in the engine weather, votes that don’t have that much success so far in this community by the way, not because of the community itself but because many users doesn’t have the chance to be a pilot so that how can they know how it feels for real? But some passionate simmers do know even if it doesn’t represent the majority of users here so that Asobo don’t pick that up in the top of the wish-list, and I do understand if I don’t get it wrong that most of users just want to enjoy without learning which is understandable because there’s a place for everybody. We are here to share the same passion at different layers and levels and nobody has to feel superior because he’s a pilot as I am in front of a “casual simmer” which I was years ago starting on FS2002! I had my first licence PPL during FS2004 for the annecdote! :wink:

However Asobo claimed in advertising videos before the release date that we should have the best Engine Weather as never done, well, where that is? Again I’m not talking about the visual and beautiful panorama that are very well done imo.

As a grounded pilot (since now two years except in VFR flights), I won’t advice to fly MFS2020 because of the lack of physics and realism in some terms that create a wrong picture of how it goes in RL (it’s a young baby sim so sure it will grow in realism I do guess) but if you’re lucky to have very good hardware as Yoke, rudders etc and you want to work on your skills for training as Take Off N-1, engine failed after V1 or exercising yourself in landing in gust wind conditions then I will highly gently recommend you to go on Xplane no doubt about it… If you just want to clik on a button to start the engine without any checklist, without taking care of the flight model (still big time issue in MFS2020 with the Adverse Yaw,etc), taking care of the POH … and just in order to enjoy to see your house and elephants on the ground (very well done by the way) then let’s go on MFS2020.

I wish and (I’m not the only one pilot or/and hardcore-simmers) that Asobo will hear our voice to make MFS2020 skies realisitc, because to me it appears like an Arcade mode.
What I mean is that it’s so easy to compare the same METAR with Xplane via the third party addon weather, like at my place yesterday it was very turbulent, gust winds + CB with a base at 1200 ft therefore it was impossible to T/O and of course to land as well with the C172 running Xplane/Active Sky as it shouldn’t in reality but it was so easy to take off with the C172 and to land in MFS2020!!! … and what about the gust winds which were so “weird” in terms of the impact on the envelope of the airplane that it felt so unrealisitc, indeed there’s a big issue of how it affects the flight model and the airspeed, it even doesn’t make sense… This is why I don’t fly MFS2020 because of the lack of realism but I just wanted to test it after the last sim update. Anyways.

I wish Asobo adds two modes to please everyone like “Arcade Mode” and a “Realistic Mode” in order for those who wants to know how it works in the skies as much as it’s possible to reach the reality technically and then could have the opportunity to learn and to practice a little bit more “To whom it may concern”!
This is why I totally understand that the majority believe that MFS2020 Live Weather is great because they just don’t really have an accurate idea how it works out there, same as I was when I started on FS2002 before becoming a pilot, everything was great in my armchair just because it was based on my own perspective which is good enough to enjoy a lot because it’s fun and exciting, and I still have a sweet nostalgia about that time… and see FS2002 wasn’t “very realistic” MFS2020 is much more realistic but too many comparisons kill the idea at the end, right? … But look how good is MFS2020 or any other Flight Sim because it can creates dreams and vocations, it can make the mind telling you that maybe I can fly someday, it says : eveything is possible somehow, without any flight sim that landed on my way I really believe that I woudn’t be able to fly for real but to get to that it’s just about learning, enjoying to learn and learning is FUN!

I’m not pushing to vote but if you want to take a look at the links below you’ll see what we are talking about because I think that this young Flight Sim MFS2020 deserves to get some life/realism in our skies!

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/no-cloud-turbulences-no-weather-turbulences-planes-seem-to-be-on-rail/350037

and just a video that I share here for the purpose, a landing in very gust winds conditions at LFMP, Xplane 11/Active Sky and a Go Around that felt pretty realisitic which I’d love to see that in MFS2020 someday, nice to practice the Go Around in a Tube as the B737/300 for instance, 737/300 IXEG addon, one of the best Flight Model in Xplane 11!

Thanks for having taken time to read my “novel” !!! :slightly_smiling_face:

Happy Flyings Captains! :wink: :airplane: :rocket:

12 Likes