Something is going on with turbulences, they feel much more weaker and have little to no effect on the aircraft handling. While it still was a problem before, it feels like it has got even worse…I’ve totally lost the feeling of flying…it became a “driving” sim…
The most noticeable issue compared to real life ( I’m a PPL ) is the lack of any directional impact. You can literally take the hand off the yoke on gusty weather or storms and the aircraft won’t roll nor won’t be disturbed by the turbulence.
These issues were already reported in the past but haven’t got enough attention , let’s hope it will be improved for the next update. This is a very fundamental behavior for realistic flying experience.
Edit: added the summary of issue discussed.
Sim update 4 - weather effect on aerodynamics:
- Ridge lift - exists
- Turbulence doesn’t impact pitch and roll axises, highly unrealistic
- Thermals - exists but only relatively close to the ground. Also, not as strong as IRL .
- Thermals “Albedo” effect is still not implemented ( per developers, to be implemented in the future)
- Turbulence in clear air and in clouds (SU4) - severely limited and weak
- Updraft/downdraft velocity - limited to 500ft/min ( per developers )
- Gusts are totally broken…
[ edited: links removed by moderator request ]