Crispy's Liveries

Pilot avatars for use with any aicraft/vehicle in MSFS. Designed to compliment my Monster racing liveries for the H160 & Shrike helicopters and JuiceGoose buggy, and my US racing liveries for the JuiceGoose buggy.

Now available for download at

1 Like

My US racing inpired JuiceGoose buggy livery has been updated with night lighting for the decals and now has 2 liveries.

My Monster racing livery for the GooseJuice buggy has been updated with night lighting of the decals.

Very nice.

2 Likes

My SAAB MU-2 livery just got updated interior colours as I didn’t like the white default. Scroll up for the download link.

1 Like

Community request for the repaint of the Cessna 414 Chancellor In the livery of N36961 of Airgate Aviation.

2 Likes

Community request for the repaint of the Inibuilds MU-2 in the livery of the Japan Air Self Defence Force.

Now available for downlaod at:-

11 Likes

My Pilot Avatars have been updated to include the Transall C-160 pilots for the Luftwaffe.

2 Likes

hi there!

1 Like

Looks great, you obviously have a very nice ultra wide screen monitor.

Unfortunately after SU14 this livery will no longer work as Asobo have updated the SR22 with a new version. I had a look at it using the MSFS beta. Although the 3d models have only very minor differences, they chose a totally different texture assignment. This change will render all existing SR22 liveries unusable. As they have gone from just 1 texture for the fusleage to 16 textures for the same bits, conversion will not be possible. All SR22 liveries will have to be created again from the start. I have done 10 SR22 liveries, but don’t want to have to recreate them. Doing the same stuff again from scratch just isn’t interesting. As the new SR22 replaces the existing SR22 you won’t even have the option of using the old SR22 to see your liveries.

Anyone on XBox is worse off as they have had to buy their SR22 liveries which will now be useless. As the liveries have to be recreated from scratch they might find they have to buy new versions, since the amount of work to recreate them will be the same as creating them to start off with. There are only 2 livery packs available for the SR22 on the Marketplace.

You can find more information about the new SR22 here
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/cirrus-sr22-improvements-released/619215?u=bilingualharp7

That’s a bit of a stupid (short-sighted) decision if it could have been avoided. Why would they do that? What is the benefit? Sounds like it will need even more VRAM for the same end result, quite apart from breaking all existing 3rd party work!

1 Like

According to information I got 3rd hand, Asobo is asking developers to do this for DX12. Although I can’t understand why 1 x 2k texture being replaced with 16 x 2k textures would benefit anything. I exclusively use DX12 and it is a bit of a memory hog anyway, so none of this makes any sense.

2 Likes

I feel bad for all those people who love their 8K textures
 (not me)
Maybe it’s how Asobo is limiting all the 8K livery kits in the marketplace, nobody will want to do all the work it will take to update 16 textures to 8K, and they likely won’t work anyway

If I was doing a new livery for the new SR22 I would use 2k textures anyway for the textures, since each one only covers a very small area, and can therefore pack in the same detail as 1 x 8k texture. But handling 16 textures instead of 1 is a lot more effort, which is why I probably won’t bother.

Surely a single 8k texture takes up the same memory as 16 x 2k textures, so where would the benefit be to even bother with this change? MSFS has to load a lot of textures during a flight, so a single 8k texture would have minimal impact anyway.

All the good changes the new SR22 brings are not dependant on the new 3d model or the texture changes. The developer appears to be making comments on the new SR22’s thread, but hasn’t commented on why a different 3d model was used or why the new 3d model uses 16 x 2k textures in place of the original’s 1 x 2k. Or why they chose an option that breaks every last existing livery, but gives no tangible improvement.

1 Like

I don’t know how familiar you are with the Marketplace and Flightsim.to livery sets, but, lots of people like to buy sets of airline liveries for their system, and it’s very common that they are “8K”. IOW, people are taking the 2K textures Asobo and other developers have done and redoing them at 8K because, well, isn’t more better?

I used to giggle a little about this as I saw them because I imagined this could kill performance, especially for Xbox users. I imagine you’re aware of all the people who are complaining about black screens on their PFD’s and MFD’s? It’s for a number of reasons, but this is one of them.

In fact Jorg mentioned this subject in the last Dev Q&A, that they’re getting lots of reports that people are complaining about the black screen devices, and they realized it had to do with these 8K livery sets that are on the Marketplace, that get applied not just to the planes people fly, but also to AI planes flying around.

So, I was just pointing out that, these people who like their 8K livery sets, when each livery has 16X 8K textures, well, yep, gonna see a lot of crashes, etc

At the same time, I’d love to know Asobo’s reasoning for this. Seems ridiculous.
You seemed to imply that this is what Asobo is telling all developers to do, create lots of 2K textures??? That makes no sense. I thought the whole point of memory management these days was to use as few textures as possible?

Or is it that all those files are decal files?

That is what I heard. But it was 3rd hand.

The 16 x 2k textures are not in place of decals files which still exist. They just replace the previous 1 x 2k texture (Asobo default aircraft) or 1 x 8k texture (my SR22 liveries).

Maybe Asobo needs to police the marketplace content better.

There is a setting in every livery to disable it for AI use, and from memory, I always have them as disabled. So my 8k textures should never appear as AIs, assuming MSFS takes any notice of that setting.

Also MSFS textures use Mipmaps for every texture, so that MSFS can load smaller and smaller versions of the actual texture the further you get from it. An 8k textures contains the 8k texture itself and 13 mipmaps (or lower and lower resolution copies of itself), each one being 1 quarter the size of the one above it. So up close (and I mean really close) you get to see the 8k texture. As you move away (even just a little bit) MSFS loads the lower resolution mipmaps, to improve performance. So even if you had an 8k texture on an AI aircraft, you would never see it in that detail as it would usually be too far away. However have enough AI aircraft and it might become a problem.

A default 2k texture MSFS uses for most of its aircraft has 11 mipmaps, so mipmap 11 on a 2k texture and mipmap 13 on an 8k texture are extacly the same size.

One last peice of trivia. The default 152 uses 82 unique textures, most are 2k. Converting 1 or 2 to 8k is not going to make much difference in the general scheme of things. In reality the 152 texture count is much higher than 82 textures, as MSFS has a centralised store of textures that are shared across aircraft that it can use.

3 Likes

I am one of those who really appreciate your SR22 liveries, I hope that your beautiful liveries will be adapted to the new model, because I use them very often
 I understand your dissatisfaction but who knows
 with the magic of Christmas

Thanks for your kind words. But the changes to the SR22 are a triple whammy of madness. Firstly the new 3d model delivers zero benefits, so it was change for change sake. Secondly I now have to handle 16 textures in place of the previous 1 texture (or 32 if I do a metallic effect). And lastly I have to start everything again from the start, so all my previous hard work is lost. I am not keen on supporting the people who made this decision by promoting their product with more of my hard work.

A complex livery like most of my SR22 liveries is a minimum of 8 hours work. And that is 8 hours sitting in front of a computer over a couple of days. Just the thought of doing it all again and having to take longer to do it, gives me a headache.

So thanks for your support, but I don’t think I will be doing any more SR22 liveries.

5 Likes

Repaint of the Inibuilds Mitsubishi MU-2 in the livery of N15TR.

2 Likes

Hi @BilingualHarp7

Would it be possible please to get a Retro Gray version of the G36 to fit this mod?

The Mod author notes on livery indicate:

Download the livery and put it in your Community folder.
Since it is a separate aircraft in Sim you need to modify livery files so the livery can map to this aircraft and not the default.
E.g. for livery "livery-g36-House red stripes" you need to modify "aircraft.cfg" and change:
base_container = "..\Asobo_Bonanza_G36" to
base_container = "..\arantisaviation-aircraft-Bonanza-G36TN"
model.CFG and change:
exterior=../../Asobo_Bonanza_G36/model/Bonanza_g36.xml to
exterior=../../arantisaviation-aircraft-Bonanza-G36TN/model/Bonanza_g36.xml and
interior=../../Asobo_Bonanza_G36/model/Bonanza_g36_interior.xml to
interior=../../arantisaviation-aircraft-Bonanza-G36TN/model/Bonanza_g36_interior.xml

Please note that if you want the same livery for both the default and the G36TN Mod you need to duplicate the livery and make the changes to one livery folder. You can rename the root livery folder to “livery-g36-House red stripes-TN” e.g.

But the copy of the Retro Gray I have from you doesn’t have a model.cfg.

Thanks!