CRJ-550 / CRJ-700 Screenshots

Figured I’d add the first CRJ to the #flying:user-screenshot-gallery section. Looking forward to seeing more.

12 Likes

One showing the HUD, windshield wipers, holding patterns on the MFD, EFB for performance planning, etc. TCAS, although not shown in this photo, should display certain targets.

7 Likes

Animated windshield wipers, animated passenger / cargo doors, animated APU inlet door, detailed ram air turbine / air-driven generator (not animated), exhaust heat-blur, wing flex, etc.

6 Likes

Do the wipers actually wipe rain or is that something that still needs to be fixed from Asobos end?

No, the limitations of the SDK only allow a surface to “accept” rain, or not. Maybe that can come as part of the effects improvement / DX12? Would be pretty cool.

Blackbox is streaming the aircraft right now on Twitch!!

After taking off from KPDX, pointing towards Oregon’s Mt Hood:

7 Likes

Nice livery! I have flown in a few of those planes before.

1 Like

8 Likes

Hello everybody,

I see lots of beautiful screenshots here.
What about in-game performance?
I remember that on Flight Simulator X this addon required a lot of resources.

Thank you for the feedback.

Hi @DBairSim, Haven’t noticed any performance issues at all, and should be identical to what you get with any of the jets.

1 Like

Zipping around the Portland area the frame rate felt no slower than the A320 Neo to me. Performance seemed acceptable. I haven’t done a full flight yet, as I haven’t felt like inputting a whole flight plan via mouse just yet – need to set aside more setup time.

1 Like

Does the FMS have the ability to import an FP from the world view? I agree about typing in the FP with a mouse in the cabin. It’s not my favorite thing to do.

Edit: CRJ flight plan setup - #2 by mattdsoares

2 Likes

It does not. But I let the CRJ Dev team know this morning that there was a lot of interest in importing flight plans into the FMS. Here is a little more discussion on it.

4 Likes

As long as they know folks think FMS import would be a useful addition, I’m confident it’ll get improved in a way that’ll satisfy semi-casual simmers like me while keeping hardcore realism simmers also happy.

I can live with manually inputting flight plans for now, it’s just not my favorite part of the trip. :wink:

3 Likes

No fps drop, smoth and responsive. At least on my one flight where scenery wasn’t complex.
It performa much better than in FSX. In FSX it felt sluggish, there was lag especially when I press button at CDU.

2 Likes

I love this jet. I always hated the CRJ as a passenger, and wasn’t convinced I’d buy it. I did, and I’m really impressed. I hope this sets the standard for future payware jets. What a beauty to fly.

1 Like

I took a longer flight from Portland to San Francisco yesterday in the late afternoon, and though I had a few glitches it went pretty well. I’m confident that between some improvements & glitch fixes on their end and better self-training on my end it’ll go much smoother in future.

I’m quite enjoying the CRJ 700; feels zippier on manual control than the big airliners but it’s still a “big-kid” vehicle. :slight_smile:

Pics here: Bombardier CRJ 700 flight KPDX to KSFO

1 Like

Checking out the SKYCAM, and guess who got into the shot !!

Tried looking everywhere, but could not find a Bobble-head… I assume that Austin Meyer has the monopoly on those.

2 Likes

Ha, you found the easter egg @N6722C ! If you want to replace one of the images with a photo of a flight attendant or something, they are in the Data>EFBData folder. But you have to leave the one of Mathijs!

1 Like