Crj 700 Apu Start Apu door ? impossible to start apu after click open fuel

hello
why i cant start the apu correctely i read the manual,
Crj900 apu start and shutdown - YouTube and the same here
But i click and nothink start :frowning:

i check on another forum its click right maybe the problem, ? i lissen sound apu Pwr fuel
click with mouse click left , but cant start grrr 2h i trying ^^

(a). APU, PWR Fuel switch … ON
Overhead Panel
Check that the APU SOV (Shutoff Valve) OPEN message appears on the EICAS. Afterwards the APU
IN BITE message is appears momentarily. Now the APU RPM and EGT appear on the EICAS,
followed by the APU DOOR status message. The APU IN BITE message disappears now.

2 Likes

ok i find it, it when you change in ipad menu, taxiflight to cold and dark…
need to restart after :slight_smile:

Changing the state on the iPad will power it up, but if you would like to start it on your own without using the EFB (from Cold and Dark cockpit), proper sequence would be:

Battery Master switch ON
APU PWR FUEL button ON (Left one)
Wait a few seconds and press the right one (START / STOP switch).

After 10 seconds or so the APU should be online.

Looks like you found the Vol3_Tutorial.PDF. Would highly recommend that for others that are learning the airplane.

I have struggled with this for two hours now but I just solved the problem!!! I had no fuel (ZERO FUEL) in the aircraft!! Interesting way to spend an evening but now I know what fuel is good for :grinning:

2 Likes

Ha, didn’t think to ask that! But yes, put a couple hundred pounds in the right side for the APU. Also, if you haven’t noticed the refuel panel behind and above the co-pilots head rest, check it out. Can add fuel there I believe.

OMG thank you, i’ve literally just spend the last few hours searching the aerosoft forums, reading comments on youtube videos to see if anyone else was having this issue.

Adding fuel made the the aircraft turn on. Who’d have guessed :slight_smile:

Cheers!

1 Like

bwahaha this just happened to me too! Thanks for posting this or I’d have spent another hour uninstalling addons and reading manuals trying to work out what I’d done wrong :smiley:

Hello, I’m having same issue. I already have changed the state to Cold and Dark as default one, and there is no sign of the APU door, I just have (----) on EICAS panel. Any tip to solve that. The curious thing is days ago i started the plane following the proper steps and I always got a sign of APU door CLSD on the panel.

Hello , I had this anoying situation : APU Door ----- , it’s was a simple button on my joystick/Hotas with the APU switch maped on it that stayed on , so do a quick research in your Option-Controls and search for APU Start in the sim, if you have a a button mapped then unmap it or just turn off/on

2 Likes

wow thank you so much :slight_smile: I thought my CRJ was broken haha

1 Like