CRJ-700 Wow!

yes! exactly!

1 Like

I still have a lot more fun just entering the SimBrief plan into MCDU by hand! I feel like you are in way better touch with your flight plan and you know exactly what the jet is going to do. I highly recommend getting comfortable with it. It doesn’t take more than about a minute or two once you know what you are doing. It’s simple - STAR and SID go on Dep/Arr page, the rest goes into FPL - airways on the left and the waypoints you exit them on the right. Do you know how to read the flight plan?

6 Likes

i agree with you somewhat on this but without an external control unit with mechanical buttons, i find it fiddly to enter longer (longer) flightplans with just using a mouse especially if your repeating the same flights over and over again for training purposes for example. it seems so far that e.g. aerosofts planes support entering a keyboard mode with ctrl-shift-1 that make using a keyboard possible at this time but oh well - not when using msfs of course. at least i couldn’t find it in their AOM.

1 Like

I agree with you, it happens to me very often, to program entirely by hand the FMS that to make an automatic integration.
but it’s even better and more realistic when you can do it from a tablet or smartphone :slight_smile: for lack of a real home cockpit

1 Like

I can see that. But for me, I simply zoom into MCDU so everything is nice and big and enter it that way. What’s a typical flight plan? 2-3 airways? That’s not that much to enter, really.

Weather and terrain radar do not yet work. This is due to limitations with WASM (which can and should be addressed by Asobo). TCAS does work and will give alerts for conflicts.

1 Like

tedious enough for me: DCT WAVEY DCT EMJAY J174 SWL DCT CEBEE DCT WETRO DCT DIWAR22 JORAY - OR - OKABI FISTO UY156 ADABI UN858 TABOV UM163 CTL ARDEN KOMOB NVO OSN M170 BASUM Z78 WSN T903 RIBSO - and i use even more complex routes but each one on his own, i guess, so no worries, sir.

yes, I read in the documentation, but I have a doubt with the TCAS, because I did not see any plane yet on the radar, and when I press the TFC key, I do not have somewhere if it is active or not
I just see the representation when I do a TCAS test

does this help in regards to your tcas issue?

Thanks, but I finally figured out how to activate it, but thanks anyway for the information

it is good, indeed, it functions well, it is of short range, TFC functions well, it marked by the points on the radar it functions only on 40 NM and below to 80 it does not post any more

this is why I use this

aviaCDU - aviaworx

works great!!!

1 Like

For those of you having seemingly random climb issues with the CRJ, I discovered that pausing via the menu and then un-pausing with the TCA throttle quadrant plugged in seems to cause the flaps to go full while also causing the engine fuel pumps to disengage (I think this only happens if the engine switches are in the off position). I’ll dig up the post that discusses this when I get a chance.

My workaround has been to avoid going to the menu and using active pause instead. You should probably also leave the engine switches in the “ON” position or unbind them for the CRJ. Otherwise, be prepared to restart the engines in midair.

Here’s the post mentioning the key binding issue that might lead to engines shutoff after pausing via the menu.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/engines-shuts-down-after-press-esc-pause-menu/311610

How much disk space does the CRJ take?

Size on disk for my installation is 1.76 GB

Just wondering, in this case will setting up flight plan and then fly full manual be actually easier in the CRJ?:joy:

The solution is to disable the flaps and speed brakes (spoilers) axes. The TCA defaults assume you will buy the extra add-ons, so they preset the axes.