CRJ issue?

I wasn’t sure if this was supposed to go here or in third party discussion or if this is even a bug. (Technically it’s both and sorry I’m still new to this thing) Anyways, I recently bought the CRJ 550/700 add on and I’ve noticed that whenever I go to take off or land, the engines will either stop or not turn on. When it does turn on it takes a while. Does anyone else have this issue? And what can I do to fix it? The same thing happens when time skipping, the plane will not move, just start diving and it’s impossible to land it when this happens because I can’t reduce the throttle or anything. I can’t find anyone else with this issue and it’s annoying because I could just be taxing or trying to land or takeoff but I can’t move. Another thing is that sometimes flight plans won’t update or show. But autopilot will go to the location and sometimes the location changes without me telling it to. Are these actual bugs or am I just doing something wrong? This is the only plane that’s been having these problems with me.

I fly the CRJ daily if i can and never have any of the problems you’re experiencing! This aircraft is not a get in and fly type of plane. You need to set it up correctly otherwise all sorts of things will happen. I suggest you read the manual. Do the tutorial flights and watch a great video from a CRJ pilot made a few months ago.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMvw1_C3yVg

3 Likes

I fly the CRJ most of the time and I don’t experience your problems.
I always start my flights at the gate, either in cold or dark or in turnaround state. I never skip time, so I cannot say anything about that.

The autopilot has some small problems, but the plan is followed quite well. Only some SIDs cause Problems because the plane turns sometimes in the opposite direction. I’ve experienced that in LSZH out of RWY 32 and in EDDF out of 25 and 07. Maybe this issue has been fixed already though, I didn’t fly out of these runways recently.

I’ve noticed that if I have the EFB set to the aircraft condition page (where you set cold n dark etc) and then I click to another app on another monitor it shuts the aircraft down. Only on this efb screen so my truck is to keep EFB on checklist page.

I also sometimes have the garmins freeze on me

What peripherals are you using? Had the “engine shutting down” issue when the mixture levers/(knobs in my case) where cut off on my throttle quadrant, that caused the engine shutdown for me.
I never use time skipping so no idea what the problem may be and for autopilot you mean the sims own “co-pilot”? I never use it.
Flight plans do not work on the CRJ, you have to put them in manually in the FMS.

Hello @RevisedExopath .

As the CRJ is a 3rd party aircraft, the #third-party-addon-discussion:aircraft category would be better suited. Therefore I moved your topic there.

Thank you.

The only time I have accidentally turned off the CRJ, is when the EFB was in Aircraft mode, and I accidentally clicked the Cold & Dark button while alt-tabbed outside the game, which I also complained about in more detail here: Game registering clicks on second screen
Luckily this can be avoided if you are cautious of the tablet, and put it in Checklist mode whenever not in use.

I must say, that like the other users in this thread, I do not use time skip, and I start my flights cold & dark at the gate.

What’s garnins frreze?

Same thing as Garmin freezes but spelt differently

Sorry, I didn’t really check my spelling. I still don’t know what you mean with it.
I just know Garmin as an Avionics Manufacturer, but they don’t have anything to do with the CRJ

I tried the video and everything was fine until it was time to takeoff. I taxied to the runway and when trying to take off it wouldn’t let me. Not sure if I did something wrong. I put my throttle up and released the parking brake and the aircraft kept stopping and not letting speed up. But thank you for the video, it definitely did help me.

You may need to check your control mappings. This sounds like a conflict somewhere. If you use rudder pedals make sure they are configured correctly, especially the toe brakes.

^^^^^ Ditto on this. Check and re-check all bindings. This is a beast of a plane with complex programming. It KNOWS what you are doing wrong, it’s up to YOU to correct it. It’s testing you!

Yeah my bad. Just on autopilot with my comments. So once in a while when I change the approach procedure on the FMC it locks up. Then when I look up the glass cockpits are also frozen. I can change my throttle and I can hear a change in engine whine and it def slows down and descends. But all switches are frozen.

Weird! Just happened twice though and I did manage to land :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

No worries. I never experienced this behavior though.