CRJ nose wheel problem

So I flew two flights last night. Same exact aircraft/livery and settings. The first one was flawless. The second one started with the nose wheel stuck turned to the right. I am wondering if the pushback has anything to do with this. Which is another issue I have with massive pushback vehicles pushing smaller aircraft. I wish there was an addon that would get that corrected.
I am not using rudder pedals and I am using rudder assistant. It’s the only way to steer these planes without rudder pedals. Thanks in advance

I know you don’t want to hear this - but: “no aircraft can be flown sensibly without rudder pedals” :wink:
From that point of view, there is no problem with the front wheel! Don’t you have a free axle on any of your control surfaces where you can put the rudder? That’s how I would do it, if I didn’t have rudder pedals.

2 Likes

Now that you mention it, I have a Logitech 3D pro. I can probably put the rudder on the throttle axis. Although it would clutter my work space. I am using the Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo. Good idea though thanks, I’ll try it tonight. Weird how the first flight I didn’t have the issue. I also want to resolve the pushback tug problem.

If you’ve got the Alpha and Bravo then you should lash out and get pedals of some sort. Absolutely essential as mentioned earlier!

2 Likes

doesn’t the logitech 3D pro have twist motion on the stick? Use that for rudder/tiller.

2 Likes

Not sure if it is related but, there is an issue with the nosewheel when in the hanger taking thumbnails for liveries. Seems the wheel is cranked hard left. The only aircraft in my library that exhibits this bizarre behavior.

If your using Toolbar Pushback, there is a known bug where on some planes, after pushback is complete, your nose wheel will be turned to the right. What I do, is once pushback is complete, I turn on the taxi lights, pitot heat, set flaps, n/w steering on, turn the APU off…then I do a control check by moving all surfaces, like you would in real life…most importantly, the rudder, as doing so, will reset back to 0’ and be straight…

2 Likes

Taking donations lol

yeah…it’s all money isn’t it, but I can’t see how anyone can fly (properly or acceptably) without rudder pedals (and toe brakes are also most valuable for braking and steering)… well worth it if you can.

I’m having exact the same issue since a couple of weeks. The nose wheel locks up 90 deg. to the right.
Only difference is that it happens to me with any aircraft and mostly it occurs right after landing.

Are you still encountering issues or did you manage to solve?
I’m using Alpha Bravo and Logitech pedals.

Sounds like a peripherals issue. I added Logitech rudder pedals and it stopped for me.