CT 182T Skylane from Carenado only climbs to 5000 ft before stalling

Hi
I’m having huge issues with the CT 182T Skylane from Carenado. The plane will only climb to approx. 5000 feet before it starts to stall. It does so even if the barometer is set correctly. After a bit of flying, if I touch a button in the cockpit, the game crashes. Someone who has experienced the same issues.

1 Like

ever thought about using the search function to check whether anyone has experienced the same issues?

1 Like

Another not using search, and answering here

1 Like

I have seen that when live weather is on. But only sometimes and the diamond da 40 did the same thing. But usually happens after take off even though the takeoff pitch was ok. Never had in crash when setting the pfd. Once I climbed the 182 was ok up to the 10k I setup

Could it be mixture running rich?

The Carenado C182 Skylane is currently broken due to last Asobo update. Hopefully it will be fixed in the next update. In the meantime, enjoy the Skyhawk.

1 Like

not broke for me…but I never answered here…lol…shhhhhh :yum:

Sorry…my derogatory comments were for the idiots telling me I was commenting in the wrong section when, in essence, I was trying to help you…not meant for you.

About the climb : I’ve never had such issues. Make sure every lever (throttle, prop, mixture) are fully forward for take-off, then lean slightly as you climb starting around 3000 ft. Used this way, the plane will get up to its operational ceiling of 20 000 ft in no time. At cruise altitude bring back the throttle to 28 inHg admission (or 27 inHg above 15 000 ft).

About the buttons making the game crash : yes it 's a bug introduced in the latest version of MSFS. Thankfully none of the buttons concerned are vital (opening the door/window, lowering the sun visor … also the fuel selector but thankfully it’s on a “Both” position by default on Cessnas so no need to touch it)

Never had issue with the climb neither : this plane has to be manually leaned properly

1 Like

The crashes are now fixed (December the 8th) : opening the window, the door, unfolding the sunvisor, using the fuel switch, everything is back to Ok :slight_smile:

1 Like

New CT 182T Carenado update on Dec 11.

The internal engine sound (cabin) still has severe rod knock but seems slightly quieter (or my hearing is gone from listening to the knock since the plane came out). If they would take that one little WAV file out, this plane would sound great inside and out.

The ‘Avionics’ light knob doesn’t have any affect on the instruments that I can see. Might as well have an INOP tag on it.

Otherwise, it is starting to look like Carenado is getting this plane correct.

It was already the case before the update, I’ve always thought it was a conflict with the Workingtitle G1000 mod (and the mod allows changing the luminosity in the PFD Menu anyway, so no big deal).

Agree that it was broken before, just pointing out that it hasn’t been repaired yet.

Are you using the ‘Workingtitle G1000’ mod in the 182? If so, how? Please!! I have it in other aircraft but not in the Carenado 182. Love the mod, willing to junk the 182 stock G1000.

Oh so the avionics knob is not working even without the G1000 mod active ? A Carenado bug it is then.

I do, with a custom MFD mixture leaning page. I don’t have my gaming PC at hand, I’ll get back to you. :slight_smile:

There’s a new way to hide unhide the tablet in the new update…Anybody knows which is?

The tablet is in a pouch on the co-pilots side just in front of the door.
There’s a click spot to pull up the tablet towards the top of it.

To send it back to the pouch you click on the button bezel button but as with the C337 there’s a bug that the tablet won’t actually be put away till you click on that button then click somewhere else in the cockpit.

i click on the hand but it doesn’t work
How can i do?
There’s a bug?
tablet not working

can somebody do this test?the tablet is not working

It doesn’t. They ■■■■■■ up all tablets in all updated Carenados. Nothing can be configured anymore.