CTD 30 seconds after loading flight...graphic card error

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

Launched from Safe Mode

Brief description of the issue:

After flying CTD free for the month of February and updating the latest NVIDA driver for my GTX 950M, I’m unable to even takeoff without suffering a CTD and the graphic card error screen pops up.

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.30.12.0, time stamp: 0x63c582fa
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.30.12.0, time stamp: 0x63c582fa
Exception code: 0x80000003
Fault offset: 0x00000000019b3182
Faulting process id: 0x4ee0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d95292ad43a1a3
Faulting application path: D:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: D:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Report Id: 517f16db-09fa-4ab5-a0e6-b4c41399efc1
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Same as everyone else who suffers from the “Your Graphic Card has an error…:” notice.

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Now it is every time both in normal mode and Safe Mode and rolled back NVIDA Drivers via DDU.

PC specs and peripheral set up:

System Manufacturer HP
System Model HP Envy All-in-One PC 27-b0XX
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU X6F45AA#ABA
Processor Intel(R) Core™ i7-6700T CPU @ 2.80GHz, 2808 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date AMI F.23, 6/30/2020
SMBIOS Version 2.8
Embedded Controller Version 10.25
BIOS Mode UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer HP
BaseBoard Product 8269
BaseBoard Version A01
Platform Role Desktop
Secure Boot State On
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume3
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = “10.0.19041.2251”
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB
Total Physical Memory 15.9 GB
Available Physical Memory 9.04 GB
Total Virtual Memory 21.4 GB
Available Virtual Memory 13.9 GB
Page File Space 5.50 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys
Kernel DMA Protection Off
Virtualization-based security Not enabled
Device Encryption Support Elevation Required to View
Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware No
Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

1587960443366441876, type 4

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

Google nvdia driver update…the latest druver has a cou usage bug in the 318…i believe it moved to a patch version 324

Thanks Chris for the response, but the HOTFIX Driver did not work either…still getting an CTD after starting a flight.

CTD its big problem i have always ctd in su12 and my friends have a same problem…ctd crash to desktop ,very bad problem .please fix

Hello,
I’m new here, just bought 10 days ago the MSFS and everything worked perfectly. I have installed only one 3rd party airport Brussels and tried Littlenavmap (but not using it)…I have RTX3090 and after the last NVIDIA update I get random CTD (after 30min, 20min, some times earlier or later) under safe mode too and it’s always the same message that “your graphics device has encountered a problem and the application will close. This may be due to graphics card overclocking, overheating or due to a driver fault”…Is there a solution yet for that or we have to wait for the next Nvidia update? Thanks for sharing if you have any information…
Rgds, Boris

I have the same problem when used with DX12 (beta) and the latest Nvidia driver on Ultra settings. No problem when run with DX11.

Same here.

I’m confirming that when I changed it back to DX11 from DX12(beta) NO MORE problems

1 Like

Same problem here, never have seen it before now.