CTD after exiting the Beta and reverting back to last stable

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Brief description of the issue:

CTD during startup, after exitiing the beta and reverting back to last stable version 1.26.5.0

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Exit Beta in the Insider Hub → Xbox App loads last stable client → Start Sim → CTD

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

i7 8700K @ 4.8Ghz - 32GB DDR4-3200 RAM - RX6800 16GB

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

1914974813637256759, Typ 5

Are you using DX12?

Yes and No - happens on both

Are you using DLSS?

No

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

While this topic is for steam users, it may still apply:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/leaving-the-beta-in-steam-version-is-impossible-ctd/529289

Thanks for the effort, but unfortunately it’s not applicable for me :frowning: I am missing the first 2 folders, as I am not a Steam user. Even under App Data the folder isn’t there, as my installation is set up differently, so I am not really sure, which folders apply.

Also it doesn’t tackle the problem - reverting back to the stable 1.26.5.0 seems impossible from SU10 Beta, have seen several others complaining about this in other places :confused:

Bummer. :frowning:
I know in the betas, there were users who had to do a full uninstall, then a full reinstall to get out of the beta. There isn’t a “rollback” type of uninstall when exiting a beta. That is something that would be nice to have.

1 Like

For me, that should be a must have :confused: especially if the beta has quite some issues, like the CTD’s while using VATSIM/AIG Traffic. So I guess, I’ll have to enter the beta again and wait for a fix on AIG

1 Like

But what happens when the beta becomes ‘final’. Won’t you then also have to exit the beta for the final release version?

Just wondering how it all works as I have never been in a FS2020 beta before.

Correct. :slight_smile:
If there are any updates to it, only those updates will get pushed after exiting.

1 Like

Thank you for the reply and clarification :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Error code: (0X8007042b)

The game launches regardless of the error, automatically, and begins to download the beta su10 update.

Hi @FreedFlyer97231,
I have moved your post into this topic.

Unfortunately, you will need to uninstall and then fully reinstall. The exiting of the beta only exits you from the Insider program. It doesn’t rollback to the current non-beta version.

Thank you.

1 Like

Sometimes the final beta build is the same as the final release version. But yes we are recommended to opt-out of the beta AFTER the final version is released to the public.

1 Like

Well, it does rollback the client, as it redownloads and reinstalls the 1.26.5.0 from the Xbox App, but it doesn’t rollback the content download during startup unfortunately, which is the culprit. :frowning:

1 Like

Content from the Content Manager?

No, the content/updates which get downloaded in the start-screen.

1 Like

Ah, OK.

I’ve pushed this topic and the other one for some investigation about exiting. Won’t be until Monday or Tuesday when I hear back.

2 Likes

No worries - thank you! :slight_smile: Maybe AIG comes up with a fix for their models until then. Other than that, I don’t have that much problems with SU10 Beta. Performance could be better, I feel that it decreased a bit and latencies went up.

1 Like

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

YES

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

I’m on STEAM

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Fault bucket 1909424128218737502, type 4

This is why the instructions say you may have to do a full reinstall if you opt-out of the beta before the final version is released to the public. You can prevent this issue like I do, back up the official packages folder before you join the beta.

1 Like

Unfortunately, on PC a full re-install is needed if you exit the Beta before final release. It’s not a great user experience but the one we have at the moment.

1 Like