CTD after SU7 update

After updating to SU7, MSFS CTD’s.

This happened with SU6 too when it was released and updated.

I’m afraid to say that the only solution will be if many folks have the same issue, which will push developers to patch the SU7, like they finally did for SU6.

UPDATE

Here’s how I fixed it.

The sim will rebuild SU7.

Request #135241 SU7 CTD

Yesterday at 14:02

The only way around the CTD is to reset the data, essentially reinstalling the SU7 update. However, I will point out, that after doing this, there were several items in the content manager that required updates and installs upon which has rendered MSFS in CTD at all times, even in Safe Mode with no Community population.

Today at 11:52

UPDATE

After installing all of the available items in the Content Manager, and relaunching the title, it CTD’s forcing me to redo the entire process again.

=========================================================

UPDATE

The last time I was in the game, I visited the Content Manager and found numerous entries that needed to be installed or updated. After successfully installing each item, I restarted the game, but it CTD’s during loading (see pic).

Now even resetting the data won’t work anymore! Stuck in a perpetual CDT!

=========================================================
UPDATE

I just got in again by launching it from the XBOX app on my PC. It really shouldn’t matter, but I got in. The first thing I did was DISABLE the DEV MODE. So now when I crash at least I can get back up again and play in SAFE MODE.

==========================================================
UPDATE

Can only play the game in Safe Mode. As soon as I load ANYTHING in the Community Folder… CTD upon loading (as shown previously above)

2 Likes

Mine randomly CTD’d while I was in the menus. Never really had that happen before that I remember.

This new update completely borked the game. Rendered it completely unusable.

I was experiencing CTD’s after SU7. My rig almost never CTD’d before that. Post SU7 even with the Community folder empty and starting in Safe Mode the system would randomly CTD -sometimes before I even started flying. The solution for me was to change the “Service status” to “Stop” and then change “Startup type” to “Disabled” for a Service named “Nahimic service”. It does not appear to affect my computer in any way apart from stopping those pesky FS2020 CTDs. I’d be interested to hear if this works for anyone else.

1 Like

HI! I checked… I don’t have that service on my machine.

The Nahmic service is an MSI service for sound. As I don’t have an onboard MSI soundcard then this could be a false positive. Like you though I’ve CTD’d since SU7. Reset, reinstalled, cleared community folder etc etc. It’ll even CTD just sitting on the menu screen after a few minutes with no input.

hi KoiWoe, i have done everything form a multiple reinstall of MSFS steam version to deleting cloud and dowload cache etc.

I can reproduce the error 100% the same,
have you resolved the issue yet?

FWIW, I was having regular CTDs with SU7 and my new PC about once every 1-2 hours until this past Friday evening when I remembered I had been testing some pretty aggressive RAM overclocking in the system. I set it back to normal (DDR4-3200) in my system BIOS and haven’t had a CTD in many hours of flying all weekend.

Hi,

That’s a good point, however, I am not overclocking. Just in case I reset the BIOS settings to factory default.

Thnaks! :slight_smile:

No I have not! Very frustrating! I have an open ticket with support.

Request #135241 SU7 CTD

Support Today at 13:39

Hi Barry,

Thank you again for bringing this matter to our attention and for sending the requested files. We will review the information and come back to you shortly.

Kind regards,
Microsoft Flight Simulator Support Team

Ok KoiWoe, please post if you manage to get past this bug (or what else it is)
I’ve been trying all steps of the instructions regarding CTDs on the related MS forum (official guide), yet no progress.
Will keep you posted
greets
Dave

Hi Dave!,

Yeah, I sure will! :slight_smile:

Quick update…
Nothing yet…

I had pretty good stability after SU7, but I upgraded to the latest nVidia driver a couple of days ago and every time I try to load a flight I got a CTD (as well as pink squares on the ground) - now reisntalling a vanilla MSFS and rolling back the driver to an older one - we’ll see!

Yup! This did the trick…thank you. And mind you I even had the su7 public preview hotfix installed and was still getting CTDs when launching a flight. Amazing how poorly Asobo is testing new updates and creating breaking changes

You are welcome!

amazing that users are not able to read official FAQs…

That your system is up2date is not the developer company responsible. At least they mentioned it and the community mentioned the Sound-driver issue in meanwhile also million of times :wink:

Thanks! How stupid of me for running fully patched and updated windows 11 with latest graphics drivers and bios updates including motherboard sound codecs and then installing required SU7 for FS to get CTDs. I must have missed the memo about the privilege for paying for an ongoing beta test of MSFS coming with perk of breaking changes with required SUs.

1 Like

in case you have an nvidia card please also not forget this “memo” ( not that you again run into issues because outdated drivers :wink: ) :

Fixed Issues in this Release

• [Microsoft Flight Simulator]: The game may crash to the desktop during gameplay. [3454519]
  • [Microsoft Flight Simulator]: Purple/blue artifacts appear on ground textures in the game. [3454530]
1 Like

sorry ,whats that with the audio drivers causing CTDs?

older realtek sound drivers cause crashs, not only in msfs… the nahimic service was a long time one of the big trouble maker. Additional sound-related tools like asus sonic , - suite , - radar , or some msi tools, caused that or installed old versions. You can find a lot of posts in forum about and the msfs FAQ ( e.g. / e.g.2 ) mention this since a while too. Newer ones may / should have fixed that, but e.g. the nahimic service is on my system permanent deactivated.