CTD after update?

I’ve had 2 CTDs in a row after the mandatory update today.

Anyone else?

1 Like

I’m also getting more CTD, currently checking my 3rd party addons

I have had 2 in this afternoon fater the new update

Yep, I’m having the same issue. Anytime I go out of VR in the sim, I get an automatic CTD. Never had this problem before and running a beefy rig - 4090/13900k. I can consistently reproduce this. Using an Q2.

Same setup, Q2, 13900KF, 4090, 64GB

After restarting computer I got a 20 minute flight in and it didn’t CTD, it was doing it right in the middle of flying.

Hopefully it goes away:(

Same here. Rarely have CTDs and had several tonight plus the “low bandwidth” baloney.
My gut says the unusual CTDs may be related to these server issues

This is strange. I did a bunch of flights last night, 2-3 hours each and all without issue. I haven’t made any changes since then, and I haven’t even been able to do any flights tonight. 2 CTD. One while launching MSFS, and the other while sitting on the ramp.

1 Like

In my system too. I never have CTD, and since the update there have been two and both while using VR

Getting a ctd almost every flight since update. Most frustratingly i’ve had 2 on approach to my final destination, including flights with no 3rd party stuff. VERY frustrating.

OpenXR Toolkit installed?

Same for me. VR, no open xr toolkits. Perhaps really a bandwidth / server problem because live weather takes about five minutes to show the current conditions (from 15 degrees sunny to 0 degrees snow midst inflight, very nice :see_no_evil:).

It used to run flawlessly for me. Then about a month ago after not playing for a month or more, when I tried to launch the game, it crashes during launch. I’ve tried resetting game, I have no other programs running, I have no extra peripherals connected, I’ve ended nearly all processes except what’s needed to run the game, I’ve uninstalled/reinstalled the Store, Xbox app, and finally the Sim, all with no luck.
12900k + 4090 so the system capability isn’t the issue, especially since it worked previously.

Follow up to my earlier post, I successfully completed three flights after those initial two CTD events. Each flight was 1 hour, and live weather worked on two of them. (First and last)

1 Like