CTD in VR with AMD 6800XT / AMD 6900XT

I have the same problem, but I use an AMD RX 5700XT with Samsung Odyssey WMR (the first one).
MSFS is the only game that I have CTDs in VR.
Xplane11, Project Cars 2, No Man’s Sky, Elite: Dangerous, Superhot VR (to name a few) works without any problem.
Already submited a ticket to MS Zendesk, but all I got is “it’s your fault, it’s your faulty hardware, update this, update that”… like some robot was answering the ticket. Worst support ever.

But playing in pancake screen works flawlessly.

Anyone interested in a class action lawsuit???

4 Likes

@PowderedGolf756 I think we need to make a bit more noise about it… I’ve sunk about €3500 into upgrading PC and the Vr HMD to fly MSFS2020 and its still not working for me, I was nearly going to buy a new PSU in case it was that causing the problem and then I copped myself on… Its the Sim that’s the problem, not my system

2 Likes

I was also at the point of buying a new PSU. If someone could give me a guarantee this solves the problem, I’d do it directly. But I’m not sure. So for now I think I’ll wait for the 27th of July (the new DX12 version) before investing more in other hardware. That would of course be a shame because my hardware is brand new and topnotch (I have a 5800X, B550, 6900XT, 32Gb CL16-3600, Reverb G2).

1 Like

@InphaseSquare73 Yeah I the same… I changed everything in my system except PSU & Case the PSU was a year old, I upgraded to Ryzen 5 5600x GPU: Rx6800xt MOBO: Gigabyte X570 Aorus SSD. M.2 Nvme RAM: 32GB DDR4 3600 and my system beforehand was a good system

I have an EVGA 1000w Gold and i have CTD every flight. DO NOT SPEND ANY MONEY TO FIX THIS PROBLEM. It is NOT your system it is the Game

I am only going to wait until July 27th directX 12 and if the CTD continues after that time i will demand Microsoft refund all of my money for the game and purchased content

If they refuse me at that time i will start a class action lawsuit. I and many other people have paid good money for this game and can not use it and i do NOT see any help coming from the developer. I’m done with this garbage

This was not a finished game when we purchased it. At best it was a work in progress
with every update new problems arise.

I DID NOT PAY MONEY TO BE A BETA TESTER OR TO HAVE TO SPEND HOURS FIDDLING WITH MY SYSTEM TO GET THE GAME TO WORK

All these people care about is pushing out the xbox version so they can line their pockets with more of your CASH.

Feel free to quote this where ever you would like… The only way we get action is if Microsoft / Asobo fear bad press or legal action. Remember the squeaky wheel gets the grease

3 Likes

@PowderedGolf756 after I’ve added TdrDelay in the registry with a value of [40] and set my vr settings to the defaults in graphics section in game. I’ve not had a crash since.

My card is the Sapphire 6900xt SE edition and using the 21.5.2 driver version. 5800x

You may need to Google the location where these are in the registry.

I know it’s probably not the solution but it is working with no crashing.

I have a Quest 2.

Hope you get it sorted.

I have been building custom loop systems for 15 years…

tried that 2 weeks ago TdrDelay in my registry defaults at 8 tried many different values and still CTD every flight.

Now when i would run the game with my Radeon VII not one problem Purchased AMD 6900xt and nothing but CTD

No problems in any other VR games just MSFS 2020

So if you purchase a new car and within a week it stops working. When you complain to the people that sold you that car to please fix it and they ignore you. What would you do?? Try fixing it yourself with no help from the dealer or try to get your money back on that car that doesn’t work anymore??

2 Likes

Yep true! Bummer was hoping that it would of helped…Best of luck to ya.

Home now so I’ve included a shot of the two settings I did

1 Like

Thank You For The Reply And The Pic

Can i ask what version of windows you are running. Because i am fully updated Windows and AMD Drivers and my registry does not have TdrDdiDelay Now i can create a new DWORD for that

BUT

the TdrDelay i have when i set my value to lets say 60 i dont get 0x0000003c (60) like what you show

My default TdrDelay shows 0x0000003c (8) then change the value of 8 to 60 and
and the changes show TdrDelay 0x0000060c (96) and all i am changing is the value to 60

So something is wrong here. But what i will do is create a new DWORD TdrDdiDelay and see how that looks once a new value is entered.

And here i go again on another wild goose chase

Thanks Again

Well after adding DWORD TdrDdiDelay and fudging the values to get (60) had to set the value to 40 don’t ask me why i have no idea on this one

Only change was when it crashed this time the sim froze for like 30 seconds and then CTD Every other CTD was instant

The usual VCRUNTIME error kernel.dll

I am so done with this ■■■■

I made the number C3 which changes the number to 60.

I have changed these back to 8. Running most recent windows 10 home.

I’ve did some more investigating and if I leave the default settings in flight sim and don’t go over 1.2 ss in quest settings I don’t get crashes.

If I use resize bar in bios I get crashes.
I get crashes if I change the default vr settings in fight sim vr settings.

Pretty sure this is an AMD driver issue with vr only for msfs.

So set sim back to default in vr and all is fine.

Thanks for the C3 info So it seems you are saying not to push the system while running the game? But i have already tried downclocking the GPU sim settings on low i mean i was looking at 86% GPU usage MEM @ 74% and because I’m closed loop Temps were 45c

Still CTD. Like i said in my above post i will give it until DirexX 12 and after that it is WAR

I want to thank you for being so kind and for all of your help i will try the C3 trick and see if that makes a difference

Np… your welcome. I know it is frustrating as I spent a lot of money on this new 6900xt and cannot get it past where my 2080ti can run it.

I leave all the defaults for the amds control panel settings. I refuse to under clock this card.

I hope amd can get it sorted.

Thanks Again Corei7rocks

Anyone tried the new AMD Driver 21.6.1 ?

Update: Yeah still crashing

1 Like

Correct still CTD also their were 3 new windows updates Net Framework and 2 quality updates

I think the only problem is the game is messed up. That’s It

2 Likes

Update: jumped into the cj and 2 minutes after take off CTD . OK I give up on a fix for AMD Driver, Oculus and MSFS don’t know which one is to blame but after putting my 2080ti back in guess what! Not one CTD

@PowderedGolf756 or anyone using a 6000 series AMD card.

I completed a complete wipe of my nmve drive that I have windows 10 home and msfs installed on.
My motherboard is a gigabyte x570 pro wifi with a 2 terabyte Samsung 970 pro plus, My card is a sapphire 6900 xt SE edition and 64 gigs 2X32 gskill ram 3600 running xmp profile with a 5800x SVM enabled.

In my Bios turned of above 4G encoder, set PCIe to 3rd Gen.

Monitor is a LG 55" 4k TV which I really like so far but mainly have not gone back to pancake 2d since I started out with the Rift but now have the Quest2.

What I did was updated windows first and then after all that went to gigabytes website and updated just my amd board drivers and Realtek drivers only and not the latest from AMD’s site. Next was to down load AMDS Radeon driver 21.3.2 driver and then disconnected the interwebs to keep amd or windows from downloading any other driver during the install.

Then inside the radeon software turned off check for updates to manual before I hooked my interweb back up. I have Set my card up like so:

I set my Oculus software using 80hz and 1.1 on SS as anything else is pretty hard on AMD’s reprojection in the Radeon software. It seems as though this is what is crashing the game or Oculus to crash .

I feel Nvidia has AMD beat down in this department although AMD just looks better as far as shimmering goes.

Next I open the debug tool as admin and set before each flight to:

Now I start a flight and once sitting for a moment I set my flight VR settings to 100 rendering scale, 130 lod, 130 lod and high to medium on most others but I keep contact shadows, lights shafts, ambient occlusion and bloom off.

Once I start the flight in VR and been in game awhile I go to settings in msfs in PC section and switch to 200 on render scale and (wow) it does work!

Not one crash in 4 days flight time.

Hope it helps you out!