CTD Approaching Reykjavik

same here… just done the bush trip iceland. Well almost, because i can’t finish it! ctd everytime i approach the airport.

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

I get the same issue, but did work once since the update. The Iceland overhall I thought might be the problem but after taking that off I also got the problem when using the Aerosoft Tool Simple Traffic. Taking them both off seamed to have resolved the issue but don’t know why as other places in Iceland still work with both. Well I tried it again just now, loaded up from BIRK and it went straight to CTD. Defo problem with area.

It crashes whenever you try to spawn at BIRK airport (runway or parkings) or on the air. Either the airport is faulty or the POIs nearby are faulty (there´s a church and couple of things more in the city). I use no mods there.

Cheers

2 Likes

I’m attempting exactly the same flight as you (including the Twotter!). CTD when trying to load with BIRK as the starting airport, CTD about 4 miles out from BIRK whenstarting at BIIS.

All fine if you delete WU5, so it’s got to be a problem with that.

2 Likes

Yes I do. Happens every time I try to get close to BIRK

The game will CTD whenever I get 2nm from the airport and always at that distance.

Same here.
Tried to start from BIRK. BAM! Direct to desktop.

Checked the crash dump. Access violation with a NULL pointer. Nothing worthy. Stack seems unreliable.

Same Problem here. Starting at BIKF with a Chessna and flying over to Reykjavik. When i get close to BIRK, the Game crashes. Tested ist multiple times with different planes.

This is just getting stupid now i manged to get over fps loss and do a 3 hour IFR flight to iceland only to be confronted with a silly (stronger word needed here) ctd issue please stop these silly world updates and sim updates and fix the silly bugs there are still bugs from sept 2020

1 Like

yes

happens from all direction approaching BIRK

Reykjavík is out

I got CTDs in all the Nordics . Iceland, Denmark, …
Got the rid of the “WU5 the Nordics” and everything works fine. Voted :v:

+1, got the same problem as described above.

1 Like

+1, same issue, just reached the end of Iceland Bush Trip and MSFS 2020 keeps CTD when the “500 ft call out” triggers. Tried RWY 19 ILS and RWY 13 RNav Visual and Manual.

Cleaned out the Community folder, disabled the NXi improvement, etc. to no effect.

Only way I could complete the Bush Trip leg was to switch to Leg 7 and use Dev Teleport.

Yes

I cannot start any flight from BIRK. It CTD while the loading screen is still on, every time. Additionally I cannot fly near BIRK as that also CTD. Default Asobo scenery with default Cessna 152, but all other planes crash it as well. Xbox X

I’m really struggling to understand how scenery can full on crash the sim. It just seems so brittle. Aircraft perhaps if they have very complex behavior, but isn’t scenery just a bunch of models and textures and perhaps some simple scripts that define behavior.

I really hope when they fix this, they fix the root cause that allows faulty scenery to crash the sim, and not just patch up the scenery itself.

1 Like

Right. Data shouldn’t cause a program to crash if it is written properly.

Finally fixed in today’s patch! Just took off from BIRK for the first time.

Oddly the release notes say BIKF but I’ve taken off from there several times with no issues, maybe they got the wrong ICAO.

5 Likes

Tested at both BIRK and BIKF - able to load directly at the airport without a CTD.

2 Likes

BIRK okay here too, after today’s patch.

4 Likes

Resolved in Sim Update 9 Patch