CTD Approaching Reykjavik

@Chumley2516 hope that serves the (or a) dev(s) :+1: to find the issue and maybe resolve it
in any case thanks for helping here to test this

Iā€™ve been having the same problem with the iceland Bush trip. Unable to finish my first one I tried. Do we know if there are any other problems with other Bush trips?

I get a CTD whenever I try to start a flight at BIRK at the moment. It seems to CTD just as it has finished loading and is about to go to the ā€˜readyā€™ screen.

I also get CTDs when trying to spawn at BIRK. Empty Community folder. And! Flying from Keflavik towards Reykjavik airport also maked the sim crash when coming quite close to the airport.

I also get CTDs when trying to fly to BIRK :frowning:
Exact same issue.

1 Like

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OPā€™s steps to reproduce it?

I experience exactly the same. With standard msfs planes or planes like the PMDG DC6. I tried with a clean community folder and it still gave me CTD.

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Wanted to start in Reykjavik, three times CTD shortly before end of load. Also with empty Community folder. Used F18.

similar

flying into BIRK at the end of a 4 + hour flight from LMML, CTD. Fyi my first ever CTD. No mods. Community folder empty. Using Citation Longtetude. Flight was fine but then on approach straight to desktop

yes, 100% reproduceble, even in safe mode. Community folder empty, G1000NXi uninstalled

My testcase is to spawn in west of BIRK (over Ɓlftanes), turn east to approach BIRK. 3-4km out CTD.
Uninstalling the Nordics update from WU5 prevents the crash. So it seems to be a regression related to that.

3 Likes

This might be related to the World Update: Nordics. I get the exact same CTD and same error in the application log:

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.25.7.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.25.7.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000001ad81ab
Faulting process id: 0x5578
Faulting application start time: 0x01d85b87657519b1
Faulting application path: D:\Spil\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: D:\Spil\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Report Id: 399f3880-bad1-41bc-bca6-ec01561070d8
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

This happens almost every time when launching from EKBI to EKCH, IFR with ILS approach 04L. CTD happens on loading screen.

When uninstalling the Nordics pack, this doesnā€™t happen.

1 Like

Yes

Same issue, game crashes if I try to fly near Reykjavik or start there.

Yes. I was able to reproduce this issue on both my PC and Xbox. With further testing I found that if I uninstalled World Update 5, Nordics, then the CTD doesnā€™t occur.

I tried with several different stock aircraft and one add-on aircraft with the same results. I also tried with safe mode and normal. In addition, I loaded all my scenery add-ons and tried again and same results. No CTD if World Update 5 isnā€™t loaded, but if it is CTD as soon as I get within 1.75 to 2nmā€™s fo the BIRK airport.

1 Like

I am having the same issue. Wanted to do a Twin Otter flight from BIRK to BIIS but got CTD every time I load in to airport BIRK. Tried to spawn at BIIS, or any other aiport, with no problems. Seems like a problem with BIRK airport. Hope Asobo can fix this at the next WU in may 22.

2 Likes

same hereā€¦ just done the bush trip iceland. Well almost, because i canā€™t finish it! ctd everytime i approach the airport.

I get the same issue, but did work once since the update. The Iceland overhall I thought might be the problem but after taking that off I also got the problem when using the Aerosoft Tool Simple Traffic. Taking them both off seamed to have resolved the issue but donā€™t know why as other places in Iceland still work with both. Well I tried it again just now, loaded up from BIRK and it went straight to CTD. Defo problem with area.

It crashes whenever you try to spawn at BIRK airport (runway or parkings) or on the air. Either the airport is faulty or the POIs nearby are faulty (thereĀ“s a church and couple of things more in the city). I use no mods there.

Cheers

2 Likes

Iā€™m attempting exactly the same flight as you (including the Twotter!). CTD when trying to load with BIRK as the starting airport, CTD about 4 miles out from BIRK whenstarting at BIIS.

All fine if you delete WU5, so itā€™s got to be a problem with that.

2 Likes

Yes I do. Happens every time I try to get close to BIRK

The game will CTD whenever I get 2nm from the airport and always at that distance.

Same here.
Tried to start from BIRK. BAM! Direct to desktop.

Checked the crash dump. Access violation with a NULL pointer. Nothing worthy. Stack seems unreliable.