CTD at 50% initial loading (before main menu) [SOLVED]

Greetings,

morning of two days ago, apparently all of a sudden, every time I attempted to launch MSFS, the simulator went CTD during initial loading when the blue bar at the bottom of the screen reached (approximately) 50%

I was no longer able to enter the main menu screen

MSFS has been very stable for me since SU10 and I had not fiddled recently with my pc software (no new drivers, no overclock, etc) hence I could not understand the reason of the CTDs

First attempts to solve by empty the Community folder (as I typically do by remaning it to Community_OFF) or by starting MSFS in ‘safe mode’ did not solve the issue

I then remembered the evening before I have uninstalled an aircraft after shutting down MSFS, that aircraft was the one I flew until decided to shut down MSFS and go to bed.

I realized when I ended the session that aircraft was the one selected and visible in the hangar, hence the cause of the CTDs being the impossibility for MSFS to access that aircraft at new start because I had uninstalled it!

I reinstalled the aircraft and MSFS loaded correctly, once in the main menu indeed the aircraft in the hangar was the one I reinstalled

Hence, my lesson learned: if you want to uninstall an aircraft make sure that it is not the one selected and visible in the hangar when you shut off MSFS

Hope this helps other fellow simmers with similar issue, in the case this is a well known topic the moderator may ofc close or readdress this thread

Happy flights!

6 Likes

might be something deeper. i just had that issue just now never happened before but i do get plagued with the loadbar getting stuck at 30% after hitting fly now. its happening with default aircraft unless in safe mode… im guessing they changed something server side cant be a coincide you and i have the same issue … it was working flawless for me 2 days ago and i havent touched a thing…

I’m also suffering from the 30% loading getting stuck after selecting “Fly”. The only way I can exit is to stop the application.

Safe mode means no 3rd party addons included so test with an empty community, if there’s still an issue it’s quite likely from a marketplace mod so check your content manager for updates. The same advice if you use AIG, Navigraph, Vatsim etc. make sure you are on the latest version.

Edited the thread title and my first post trying to be clearer, as my issue happened during the initial loading before MSFS showing the main menu.

CTD while loading a flight (i.e. after pressing ‘FLY’ yellow button) IMHO is a different issue and I agree this may happen due to poor connection (admittedly mine is never great) or server-side problems

SOLVED for me it was the GAIST addon , ive had this issue for almost a year now . i cannot believe i didnt think to isolate it earlier

2 Likes

But that addon should not cause any problem!
In my community folder are 2200 addons and all is fine.

Scott

If you visit this post, there is a workaround for the GAIST issue: